JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just more political pandering so she can claim a 'win' against the NRA in her upcoming gubernatorial campaign.

She doesn't give a bubblegum about anyone 'harmed' or even the NRA. In fact, she needs the NRA so she has a boogieman to fight against and rile up her base, which keeps her in office and wealthy without having to try and join the plebes in the workforce, which she's unqualified for.

Just more political pandering so she can claim a 'win' against the NRA in her upcoming gubernatorial campaign.

She doesn't give a bubblegum about anyone 'harmed' or even the NRA. In fact, she needs the NRA so she has a boogieman to fight against and rile up her base, which keeps her in office and wealthy without having to try and join the plebes in the workforce, which she's unqualified for.
I have no illusions about her motives; I just hope something positive comes of it, potentially a reinvigorated NRA?

One can always dream…

Realistically whether we like it or not, they're going to do what they're going to do. When it comes to the NRA, I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water. Leadership is corrupt, but the organization still has the infrastructure and people at the lower levels who do a lot of good and important things.

When it comes to the NRA, I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water. Leadership is corrupt, but the organization still has the infrastructure and people at the lower levels who do a lot of good and important things.
Same. I can't stand WLP and thought he needed his pink slip a long time ago. And, at least historically, the way the NRA has treated NFA collectors is lamentable. But at the end of the day, they are the group the anti-2A degenerates fear the most. That's worth something.

Somebody said it on this forum not too long ago and it made sense as I thought of it. He compared WLP to Putin, and that the only way either will be unseated would be for them to die in office, or be prosocuted and go to prison. Bob Menedez may be another.

JP9

Last Edited:

BINGO!!!!

The story that I've been hearing for years is that if WLP is booted out he has a built-in golden parachute the size of Alaska. If true, criminal actions against him may be the only way out for the organization and its members. Then we need to make sure this cannot happen again.

Option #2 is to find his name on the recently released Epstein list...just say'n. :cool:

I know that this may not be on topic here, but I've stopped my membership to the NRA a while back. They compromise way too much. There are several other much better groups that I send money to protect my second amendment. Gun Owners of America, The Second Amendment Foundation, and the Oregon Firearms Federation, to name a few.

The bottom line is we, gun owners, 2A supporters, and NRA members, are relying on the NY AG to do something that the board of the NRA has been unwilling to do for far too long. That is a sad state of affairs.
WLP has been able to massage and manage the NRA Board of Directors for so long there was no way he could be dislodged by means available to the membership. So change is going to have to come from without, not within.

Removed would be nice, but I've also heard about his "Golden Parachute". With that, he can't lose... Jail would be appropriate, though.
I have no idea how his contract reads, but in most cases... golden parachutes are null and void in the event of conviction of illegal activity perpetrated against the organization or it's interests.

IE., If he were voted out of the board of directors by the membership his golden parachute kicks in, but if convicted of criminal activity against the organization... he "may" end up getting a pile of squat. It appears they may also be attempting to confiscate misappropriated assets and returning them to the NRA... which would really be the cherry on top.

I know there is some concern, and it's their intent, that it will permanently destabilize the NRA... and I think that's a valid concern... if in fact it was an effective body. Considering that the organization is already so "broken" and half dead anyway... I fail to see much of a downside.

If they are successful then it seems one of two possible outcomes are likely. 1. They give the NRA a kill shot... and their membership is forced to funnel massive levels of support into other 2A organizations that are actually effective and well deserving. 2. The cancer is removed, the NRA is revitalized... reorganized... and actually starts fighting for our rights again.

Either way seems like a clear gain for the 2A community.

I have no idea how his contract reads, but in most cases... golden parachutes are null and void in the event of conviction of illegal activity perpetrated against the organization or it's interests.
There is another scenario... I expect Wayne's golden-parachute would be one of the exceptions, but it would still be subject to seizure as POCA. I would LOVE to see the look on that smug little SOB's face when, just when he THINKS he's played his "I'll take all your money and when I'm out spend the rest of my days golfing in Palm Springs still on your dime" card, the rug gets yoinked out from under him...

Oh if these leftists hate the NRA and LaPierre so much, it must be true.:confused:

And they've got all the sheep climbing on board with them.

God help us.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top