JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For all practical purposes, guns don't really wear out. They are manufacturing guns much faster than we are manufacturing new shooters. This is why I've stayed away from gun maker stocks. Supply is outpacing demand.

Lots of good thoughts here, as to why. Most likely, the foremost reason is the Commander in Chief is not going to turn us into criminals. Most folks feel that gun control at the federal level is not currently a worry, not like the previous administration. That takes the urgency and priority out of gun purchases.

The worries are at the local levels, and we have elections coming up. That may spark additional sales, now that back to school spending is pretty much done. With the threat of the IP's here in Oregon earlier this year, I re-evaluated what I had on hand and decided I was lacking in the wheel gun category. So, that's been my focus, beefing up that category. But in those purchases, final price was below the asking price.

I think you'll find that many folks have a varied and diverse collection, that's been built over time, that suits their perceived needs. We all know Obama was the greatest firearms salesman to ever inhabit the Oval Office. So, it's really no surprise that it's a buyers market these days.

Collectibles will still demand premium pricing, but polymer, unless out of production, will most likely be sold at a loss. I myself took a 30% hit on one I sold last fall... It happens...

If yer not getting bites locally at a reasonable price point, go nationally on Gunbroker... Perhaps someone on the other side of the country is looking for what you've got for sale.

Just my .02, and worth every penny!

Because when prices dumped after the election people went ham and bought everything.

Now people have too much (never) and they can't justify spending more money on stuff they don't really need, but are in the habit of buying and selling.

The other side,
Prices are so low in retail it's hard to justify buying used.
You have to pay for a background check either way so why wouldn't buy new for the same price as someone's molested firearm?

It's also Boating and Vacation season. Lots of Dollars are going into the Boats and into the RVs to get them ready for the Vacation. I'm one of those who has taken a Vacation to either look at or possibly purchase a new firearm. Because of my health I'm not doing that this year. I haven't hardly fired several recent purchases.:(:(:(

I've got enough guns. I've got "Gun Money", so I loook, and looook. Waiting, and hoping, that THE gun shows up. I know it's out there somewhere, just don't know WHERE, yet!

I went on a hot streak and took advantage of the buyers market for as long as I could. I saw my FFL at least once a week for 9 weeks straight and then things cooled off once summer came around (oh, the irony). At this point, I am now more focused on playing around with a car I was recently gifted, not to mention having to buy 2 brand new sets of tires over the last WEEK so funds are a little dry.

Here we are again, another topic we cannot say the truth about because of the rules, so evoking yet again the Bambi rule.

There is a cause, particular people are passing particular health laws that devastate workers. But I can't so who, or what is the cause.
Again not being a smart arse, but the site rules do not allow me to explain further, and God knows I could ...

I think during the 8 years of Obama people bought firearms out of fear that they would be banned. Also leading up to the last election a lot of people bought out of fear that Hillary would be elected. I suspect many people are tapped out at this point.

As far as the background check and transfer fees, I've been paying $25 which is not outrageous for most guns but is definitely a problem with the more inexpensive guns out there.

I've had a Colt pistol for sale on this site and on Armslist which lingered for months with no sale. I decided to sell it on GunBroker and it sold immediately for a price I was happy with. The downside of GunBroker is that they take a commission on the sale however you avoid all the tire kickers and lowballers.

Last Edited:
IMHO it's the lack of political pressure under this administration. People aren't afraid their pow sticks are going to be banned relatively soon, or otherwise unobtainable.

I'm still buying, selling, trading at the same rates as before only because I can never decide on what gun I want to keep. I like them all and want to try the ones I haven't too much! :p

A lot of the time people have more than nib price or within $100.
If I'm getting that close to nib price I'm just going to buy new.

Then there's Glocks, people they aren't gold!!

Personally i just went from comfortably above minimum wage back to minimum wage so expanding my collection isnt in the cards right now.
Depends on what your selling too.
my m14 and thompson moved quickly, if i were to throw up my ar10 however. That aint goin nowhere.

I'm trying to sell a few, and some co-workers and friends are trying to sell. Nobody and I mean nobody is making cash offers. Everyone wants to trade their junk for my nicer pistol, or they wanna trade similar quality for mine but it's stuff I don't want. But why doesn't anyone have the cash? Gun shops are listing guns at record low prices and they don't seem to be moving stuff either.

Try asking single guys. When I was single, even during Carter double digit inflation years I could buy a new gun every paycheck or so and never think twice about it. Got married and then...

Try asking single guys. When I was single, even during Carter double digit inflation years I could buy a new gun every paycheck or so and never think twice about it. Got married and then...
I can relate.
I don't have kids and I still can't make it happen like that anymore.
But, it is nice having someone that decides where my money goes for me. Especially when I want to send it somewhere that doesn't result in continued electric service or internet service.

I'm trying to sell a few, and some co-workers and friends are trying to sell. Nobody and I mean nobody is making cash offers. Everyone wants to trade their junk for my nicer pistol, or they wanna trade similar quality for mine but it's stuff I don't want. But why doesn't anyone have the cash? Gun shops are listing guns at record low prices and they don't seem to be moving stuff either.

Economics, you are asking more than the current market will support.

Saying no one is buying isn't accurate, 'no one is buying at the price I am asking' is more appropriate.

What I found hilarious was at the last presidential cycle panic buying all these people paying exorbitantly for basic offerings of AR's and then trying to resell them for what they paid after the election cycle.

Side note, health insurance prices skyrocketing over the last few years have eaten into the 'hobby' budget for most people. Thanks Barry.

Last Edited:
Summer time is for vacations with the Wife and Kids and RV, Boat, Jeep, ATV, Pickup, Airplane purchasing as well as getting things done around the house and yard, so not so much money available for firearms purchasing. There is also the Last POTUS and Possible POTUS Who told us they were going to take out guns and ammo, now it's not happening ( unless you live in OryGun or Wash) SO things have stabilized. During the last 8 1/2 years, there was a serious panic on Ammo, many went out and bought out every thing they could find and then horded it, or they bought all the good guns they could, and horded them for sales when they were no longer available. Many of those folks got burned, paying more then the stuff is worth now and are trying to dump them to get some liquid cash back as they used too much of their savings on investments that didn't work out. ( I witnessed a dude purchase 6 Colt AR's ) one fine day, and he was trying to sell them at the peak of the action for more then twice what he payed! He lost a lot of coin doing that, no idea if he sold or not.
Firearms sales are a lot like trying to sell a 4X4 during certain times of the year, no body is buying, but wait till tax season to see the market flooded with rigs at awesome prices! Right now isn't all that great for buyers, and hunting season is right around the corner. Then the holidays come and folks get into a panic because they have too much in a 4X4 and not enough for X-Mas presents for little Johnny and Suzy, and after they find out they gotta pay Ol' Uncle Slam and Aunt OryGun, so the rigs gotta go!
Then you get Retired folks who have spent a life time gathering up the cool stuff and are not purchasing any thing unless it trips their trigger and is a good price or a highly rare and/or desired piece. So your ARs and Glocks are not going to be moving much.:cool:

Also please consider that a firearm that you have customized to your likes/necessities is exactly that, customized to YOUR likes/necessities. Post a stock item for sale, and include extras at an additional price, unless you got rid of the stock parts. I typically won't buy something heavily customized unless the item comes with the stock accoutrements, as I likely won't want all the same items/attachments.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews