JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If people would actually sell their stuff for what it's worth instead of $20 less than new things would move a lot faster.

I sold my G19x for $450. Because I am not greedy. And it's a used gun. So there's that.

This!! People are not going to pay retail for a gun even if it is advertised as BNIB. People think 30 rounds is brand new and they don't even clean them. We aren't stupid. If I want a new gun I will take it out of the box my dang self.

I just bought a excellent condition German made revolver from @kmk1012 on a smoking deal. Paid cash from the sale of some competition 2011 mags that I can't use anymore. Cost me $40 at my LGS for the transfer. But Kyle gave me some extras, so I'm not hurtin!

Don't know about other people, but I don't really have much disposable cash since I got laid off and forced to retire at 60yrs old. Younguns seem to be able to afford more fancy firearms, fine whiskey, hot cars, golf, going out on the town etc... maybe it's a matter of priorities?

Lots of shooters have what they want already. If you want to entice them, you gotta get them salivating. Think like a buyer, not a seller.

Granted current market changes things but...

A used Glock? If its close to the price of a new one, and this goes for any current production gun really, I'm probably just gonna buy new unless it comes with something I'd get anyways.

Granted current market changes things but...

A used Glock? If its close to the price of a new one, and this goes for any current production gun really, I'm probably just gonna buy new unless it comes with something I'd get anyways.

That kind of pricing does seem to be a trend in used guns... not gonna, nope, nohownoway!

Don't know about other people, but I don't really have much disposable cash since I got laid off and forced to retire at 60yrs old. Younguns seem to be able to afford more fancy firearms, fine whiskey, hot cars, golf, going out on the town etc... maybe it's a matter of priorities?

Lots of shooters have what they want already. If you want to entice them, you gotta get them salivating. Think like a buyer, not a seller.

I'll be willing to bet that most that you mentioned are quite heavy in CC debt. I hate them but have one for emergencies and pay them off quickly if used.;)

No political pressure. If there were, folks would be eating rice and beans to buy what they want. IMO.

This.

And people spent a lot of money they didn't have (credit cards) or their savings and they have little left.

Also, while I have bought a lot of guns this year and especially last year, I am trying to spend money on ammo, optics/sighting systems and other accessories - I think I have most of the guns I need and even some I don't need.

I'll be willing to bet that most that you mentioned are quite heavy in CC debt. I hate them but have one for emergencies and pay them off quickly if used.;)

My wife insists that CC purchases be paid off in the same month. We have an 18.7% card, not the worst but I'm too lazy to get an 8% card, so the incentives are pretty strong. We bought that 28' 5th and had to put fuel and license on the card... wow, that bill was a shock! But now that she has broken her ankle, trips to docs up in Tri-Cities are dragging the balance up again. Dang it!

Why no money to buy guns? Because we all buy high and sell low and make it up through volume. Many real reasons. Economy. Supply. Demand. Political situations. Other pressing needs. Is there a glut in the firearms/ammo industry? Yep. Also look who is President. It all ties together. In my particular case old age marches on. Yikes! :)

I am also cleaning up my Estate. Paying off debt. Paying off Credit Cards. The money released will probably get spent dotting on the Grand Kids. Fun!

My wife insists that CC purchases be paid off in the same month. We have an 18.7% card, not the worst but I'm too lazy to get an 8% card, so the incentives are pretty strong. We bought that 28' 5th and had to put fuel and license on the card... wow, that bill was a shock! But now that she has broken her ankle, trips to docs up in Tri-Cities are dragging the balance up again. Dang it!

I know full well how medical expenses can really make life hard, thanks Oblamacare.
Nothing affordable about it, just lies.
I do hope your wife's ankle heals quickly. ;)

I just can't figure out how folks can ask what they ask for certain things.

That's what this should be about.

Hard to justify a $1000 dollar Gucci Glock over a new one at the store for $500. Both are still a Glock.

Same goes for just about everything these days.

I think I heard it called the Trump Slump.

Definitely a buyers market right now.

It used to be that people like me would buy used guns from private parties because they were off the books, maybe even pay a bit of a premium over fair market value.

Now in WA and OR private transfers are no longer private and when someone asks close to, or more than what retail street price is, why would we want to buy a used gun when we can buy a new gun for roughly the same cost, maybe even less??:s0092: Some dealers charge less or even nothing for the transfer/BGC when it is a gun they sell. More than once I have bought a used firearm for more than I would have paid for it from a dealer once I factored in the transfer/BGC.

Then there is the issue of "custom" guns.

Even if the "customizing" was done with quality parts/services, it may not be what we would want, or want to spend that much money on.

Hard to justify a $1000 dollar Gucci Glock over a new one at the store for $500. Both are still a Glock.

Even if the "customizing" was done with quality parts/services, it may not be what we would want, or want to spend that much money on.

Yup, IMO it's best to buy the plain Jane and put what you want on it... you're going to pay to buy those add-ons anyway, why pay twice???o_O

Needs are different for everyone, i hate credit cards, it's not my money, too many people think the credit limit is theirs. I have one, but because it spreads out cash flow, and these days i get some money back - but if i'm not paying it off completely every month, then i'm spending more than i earn, which is a bad thing, mmm'kay.

I save money to buy my guns .
I save so much every week to do a buy.
If something comes up and and I don't have enough saved.
I have to pass and hope it's still available when I do .
If I bought every gun I wanted when I saw it I would not have food or a place to live.
So I put aside so much every week usually about 100 bucks .and 25 or 30 bucks for ammo.i have credit cards.but if I use them for some gun PURCHASE.the next week I don't save money it goes to a payment on the card.

I don't buy just to try. I buy what I intend to keep long term. I sold a few pistols and rifles last year and a few years before that. They were all purchased in 1987 or 1988. My needs changed. I re-assessed, sold and replaced. Because I had bought them so long ago and two of the pistils used I made money on them.

Right now it's definitely a buyer's market. Buy wisely and wait until it turns the other way before selling. My 2 cents, anyway.

Sometimes no one wants to buy what you're selling, even if it's a good deal, see my never fired rifle for sale nearly 2 years now :(

Needs are different for everyone, i hate credit cards, it's not my money, too many people think the credit limit is theirs. I have one, but because it spreads out cash flow, and these days i get some money back - but if i'm not paying it off completely every month, then i'm spending more than i earn, which is a bad thing, mmm'kay.
Credit cards are a night mere if you cannot control it .bad things happen .

And I never sell my guns once there mine .
THERE MINE TILL I DIE .
Right, that's like 99% same for me.

I've sold one shotgun of mine, it was a solid, great shooting double, but was entry level and i wanted to treat myself to a fancy overpriced double instead - sold it to make money for this.

Sold a BNIB (literally never assembled) cheap-ish pump my Wife wanted, then said she wanted synthetic stock the moment i got it home and opened the lid....

The rifle i have for sale was her always wanted 30.06 - but we never got the chance to use it before i found the 30.06 she really wanted, so now we have no need for this un-fired rifle, despite the good price on essentially a brand new gun, i've had no interest :(

One of the best things I ever did was the round up deal on my debit card.and I have a Acorns account.but the round up or dollar up thing .
Every time I use my debit card it automatically puts a dollar in a savings account.
After 3 or 4 months it up there I use my debit card a lot .I usually have a 100 bucks cash on me .for emergency.
But everything else is debited from my bank account.so that dollar every use adds up really fast

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top