JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On the flip side you should ask why some people take offense when offered what would be a reasonable price for their gun (or whatever) which may be considerably less than what they were asking. All they need to do is say no thanks, or have a counteroffer prepared.

Both sides of the issue that either want to buy low or sell high seem to have the same problem. They are out of touch with reality. The market for a particular gun is set by willing sellers and willing buyers. If you try to use some other standard you're going to be sorely disappointed. People who get upset at what they consider a low-ball offer are my pet peeve. As Nancy Reagan said, "Just say no." I don't understand the point of getting upset unless you think your self-worth is tied up in your possessions and somebody is discounting you personally by making a low offer. It makes no sense to me. Things are worth what somebody will pay for them, not what you as a seller think they should sell for.

But it is disconcerting that a senior member of this forum would accuse another person of being an "anti gun nut" just because they express their opinion over what they perceive are high flipping profits.

Take a deep breath and relax, he did NOT accuse any one of being anti gun. He used a thing called an analogy to compare things. In this case he used an analogy that involved anti gun folks when he said "You sound like one of the anti-gun nuts that wants to control what someone else does". Nowhere in there did he say or accuse the poster of being anti gun.

I am so sick of these ads where someone paid $500 for a used firearm a month ago, shot it a few times and now has it listed for $700 (or more). It makes me ashamed to be a fellow member of this forum to see such outright greed. Doesn't anyone believe in passing a good firearm on for what they paid for it? Part of being a member of this forum is the idea of community, and brotherhood, that we share a common belief of personal freedom. And its not to skin other members for what you think you can get out of them.
I'm amending this to exclude those of you who aren't greedy B++++++s and do sell at a decent price. I'm only concerned with the rash of outright selfishness that I see too often.

I try my darndest to step aside when a person freely offers to make a fool of themselves, but this is a prize winner. I'll leave it at that, only because it would be too easy to continue. Ken

lEc3l.gif

unless you think your self-worth is tied up in your possessions and somebody is discounting you personally by making a low offer.
AND they think the only thing they can accept is money. I LOVE it when I get offered less - especially when it is less than I am willing to take. What that means is the person really wants what I have and may be willing to creative deals - such as adding trade items along with the cash. I have came out ahead more times than I can count due to trade items offered along with the cash offer the prospective buyer originally made - but then I am a horse trader and a wheeler dealer who makes a sport of the deal and always remains open to any offer. Consider this - I traded off a Baby Eagle a few years ago for a snow blade for my quad, a nearly new Polaris quad trailer and $100.00 cash to boot. I would have done it for the blade and the $100 but the guy really wanted the BE and offered up the trailer before I had a chance to say yes to the first offer.

I agree with Taylor. Looking at the guns for sale by most sellers shocks me. Why would I pay an extra $250 for something that is "like new" aka "used" where as I could wait a few months for the factory model to come for the standard price? When someone sees another person selling the same gun for a jacked up price, they just jack their price up too. And don't pull the "oh Obama is going to take them away, buy them now" line. That ain't going to happen.

I agree with Taylor. Looking at the guns for sale by most sellers shocks me. Why would I pay an extra $250 for something that is "like new" aka "used" where as I could wait a few months for the factory model to come for the standard price? When someone sees another person selling the same gun for a jacked up price, they just jack their price up too. And don't pull the "oh Obama is going to take them away, buy them now" line. That ain't going to happen.
Then you can be patient and wait. I'll buy what i want when i want it for whatever price i deem good ;)

Now what REALLLLY pisses me off :angry: is paying 2.40 cents for a large Mcdonalds french fry and then having them unfold the box only halfway so they can try to pass off a small fry in a large box as a large fry.... i just want the days when a large fry was 1.29

I'm reminded of the conversation I had once with a bass tournament fisherman at my marina in Missouri. The nearest gas station was about 12 miles away in town. They had regular gas for something like 85 cents a gallon (1975). Our pre-mixed, 2 cycle gas was $1.25 a gallon. The guy was complaining bitterly that he was being ripped off. Gas wasn't that expensive in town. We were crooks and all around horrible people.

I explained to him that we had a 5 cent per gallon surcharge for rural delivery, and that it being pre-mixed added an extra 20 cents to the wholesale cost per gallon. I also pointed out that it cost money to install and operate the equipment to pipe gasoline to a moveable gas dock 200' from the shoreline. I then advised him that it was perfectly OK with me if he backed his trailer into the water, loaded up his boat, drove to town, provided his own 2 cycle oil and filled up, drove back, relaunched his boat, and re-parked his trailer if he wanted to save $1.80 on his 12 gallon purchase. You just can't make some people happy.

I don't try to profit. I feel lucky to break even. I feel lucky to purchase one for my price too, but
i usually do. For me that means a lot more searching online and much more haunting gun shop used racks, pawnshops, classified ads, and gun shows. Fortunately most of my guns aren't super high dollar weapons. I rarely pay more than $550 for anything.

Now what REALLLLY pisses me off :angry: is paying 2.40 cents for a large Mcdonalds french fry and then having them unfold the box only halfway so they can try to pass off a small fry in a large box as a large fry.... i just want the days when a large fry was 1.29

What I want is McDonalds to go back to making french fries like they used to many years ago. The new recipe with the new type of oil really sticks. BTW, I finally tried a steamed burger at a pub in SE PDX. I've been hearing about steamed burgers for a long time. It tasted really good. Now, I need to find a place that has great steamed burgers and larger baskets of onion rings.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top