JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Because selling at a loss sucks...........

But that's pretty much expected. I mean, when I bought my car I didn't go into it thinking it was going to appreciate over time. ;)

(But I haven't read the whole thread yet -- don't kill me in the face just yet...)

Well if that is what you expect then that is on you. VERY few of the guns I have sold have been at a loss and then it was minimal. I research what I am buying before I lay money down.

I wait till the right deal comes before I buy. I had wanted a Desert Eagle .50 cal for a long time but I could buy one any time for the "going price" and I was not willing to spend that price on one. A couple years ago I found the right deal on one. I believe I could easily sell it right now for at least 25% more then I spent.

Sure there are some guns like my M&Pc that I bought new for the going price at the time but is not something I ever plan on selling and if I do it probably will be at a loss.

When you sell is also key. Don't sell when the market it down. Prices go up and down keep an eye out.

I think the thing that bugs me (if there is something) are the comments of the sellers thread like, "It's what I have into it, so..."

Obviously if someone else pays that much, great. But it's the sentiment that gets to me -- and probably some of you.

So just because I spent $2 a shell for reloaded .223 several weeks ago, why on earth should I expect anyone else to pay that price. I wouldn't. I'd expect to take a loss. Or because I bought a used Glock with an extra magazine for $850 and now I realize I should sell it, why should I feel like anyone else would pay that? It's just a funny comment to me -- I have no idea where that idea comes from but it's getting pretty comical.

Another waste of bandwidth complaining that prices increase. Wow, welcome to America. Welcome to free trade. If you don't like the price, don't buy.

And just to address your statement of "brotherhood and common belief of personal freedom".........what does that have to do with selling something? I can agree with someone's ideas and beliefs but that by no means makes them my brother, friend or otherwise. And if they make a personal choice to spend their hard earned money on an item I have for sale then good for them. And before certain members try to hang me out to dry, I've offered ammo on here for FREE as well as just the amount I paid for it.

I bought a house in Boise, ID for $170,00 in 2007 when the market was hot. I felt I paid a fair price. It sold in 2011 for $93,000. I was NEVER upset at the buyer. I was more upset at the housing market. Vent your frustrations at the situation, not the people.

I suppose if we lived in some commie country where a profit is considered bad by all the comrades then I could see where your argument holds water. The fact is this Country is founded on Capitalism - you remember that class in HS don't you ?? You sound like some cry baby - wahhhhhhhhhhhhh - call the 800-wahhhhhhhh or on second thought just don't buy the firearm from that mean person. Years ago (1972) I bought a brand S&W Model 19 for $ 125.. according to you I should sell that same S&W model 19 for $ 125. I don't see a problem with selling a $ 500 firearm FOR $ 700 - a bigger problem is selling a $ 650 DPMS Ar-15 months later for $ 1800 - so if you are stupid enough to pay that amount - you really have only yourself to blame. It's called the free market. Sounds to me like you should be hugging trees and munching granola - rather than playing with those awful firearms..

Where would "little" Timmy ever have found the money for his leg surgery if not for the Scrooge being the "doomed, stingy penny-pinching old man" that the Charles Dickens' fiction made him out to be?

Stingy changing to Generous (to be a good person) is an unconstrained vision.

Stingy = bad person is a fallacy!

Fidelity to one's business venture (more than what others expect) is a systemic process that benefits society better than "free-bees" ever have/will; a truly constrained vision.

I think the thing that bugs me (if there is something) are the comments of the sellers thread like, "It's what I have into it, so..."

Like when those guys try to sell a vehicle for more than its worth..and their ad says $ 15,000 INVESTED on a $ 9,000 vehicle. :s0114:

They should put in the ad, I am a dumb a** who spent too much money, and hope I can find a kindred idiot to take this off my hands.

Personally I think some people get way too worked up over "what they have into" something. Unless I'm passing something on to a friend or family what I paid for it is completely irrelevant. The only thing relevant should be fair market value. If you go through life thinking you have to get out of something what you have into it, you better not buy anything custom.

Of course I don't make a habit of buying and selling guns either. It's just not my thing. I typically buy a gun if I like it and plan to keep it (and don't buy many). I don't buy the gun-of-the-month and then get rid of it when I'm tired of it. That's just me, though. To each their own.

Sure, I think buying everything on the shelf when something crazy happens in order to flip it and make a crazy profit is a bit cheezy, and I wouldn't do it, but the people who do that sort of thing are going to still do it no matter how many threads are posted about how greedy and evil they are, or how much you try to shame them.

Wait a minute, I just had a feeling of deja-vu. Has there been a similar thread on this subject recently? :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top