JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
with the nit picking that could happen I don't fault the gun store for covering their arse. if they don't nobody else is going to.
THIS!! Even though there seems to be a LOT of shops on line that will ship one of these direct I would NOT for a second fault a local shop who insisted on doing the BGC and transfer if I was to walk in to buy one. The shop has to protect their license and they know full well that if the state they are in their AG decided to go after them? Sure they might win but, at what cost? We are seeing this now with the new sewage WA law makers passed into law and places that sell. Many are taking a hands off safe approach and I support them. Many shooters are screaming for them to be boycotted. I have said all along they did not make this mess, WA gun owners did. Places that don't feel like being a "test case" for shooters that can't be bothered to vote? Its not their fault.

Places Like Buffalo Arms manufacturer or reform brass for just about anything, so .43 spanish, 450/500 Martini Henry, .577 Snyder.
Seems like the Ammo portion pretty much makes it hard to sell anything without the transfer?

Places Like Buffalo Arms manufacturer or reform brass for just about anything, so .43 spanish, 450/500 Martini Henry, .577 Snyder.
Seems like the Ammo portion pretty much makes it hard to sell anything without the transfer?
It might, if it applied to non-NFA firearms like Trapdoors, Snyders, and Remington rolling-blocks, but it doesn't. The chambering of your pre-98 rifle is not relevant to its status as an antique, at least as far as federal law is concerned, unless it's a machine gun or an SBR.

This thread is a prime example of how a little misinformation will take on a life of its own.

Something to take note of though, in regards to state law: I was told by a friend today, as we discussed this thread, that the Washington state UBC law of recent years used the federal NFA definition of antique and applied it to ALL guns, instead of the GCA definition more commonly used. Whether through ignorance or intention, apparently this does require those in Washington state (technically) to go through a BGC for pre-98 cartridge firearms. If someone in Washington knows the particulars, please correct me if I'm wrong.

If this was intentional on the part of Washington state legislators, it's dirty pool. These old guns are purely the domain of collectors, not criminals, and it's a slap in the face of honest gun owners.

you can buy pre 1889 guns that use "modern" cartridge's all day off of gunbroker from dealers and no FFL is required
I've seen that a lot, too.
I've never, ever delved into the specifics of this subject before and always assumed the date of manufacture was the only point considered.

Like someone's going to commit a crime with a Trapdoor....

Poaching, maybe, but no other crime besides battery! They should make a good club. :D

I've seen that a lot, too.
I've never, ever delved into the specifics of this subject before and always assumed the date of manufacture was the only point considered.

Like someone's going to commit a crime with a Trapdoor....

Poaching, maybe, but no other crime besides battery! They should make a good club. :D
also depende on the action I.E. bolt trap door etc

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top