JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did you or any of your family serve in the military ?

I did not, but 3 of my sons did. All did combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and all saw action multiple times. These boys are fierce Constitutionalists who dislike both political parties. I have met many of their brothers in arms, and they have stayed at my place and broke bread. All of them are jaded by a government who has failed in the prosecution of 2 wars and the loss of their brothers in arms in combat. All of them are very well versed in the US Constitution. Many have read it multiple times during the endless hours on planes and sitting in sh*tholes in country.

I will grant you that there are members of the military who may not be familiar with the Constitution. But that number is proportionally smaller than society as a whole. A lot of Americas are just fat dumb and happy that the cable comes on every night.

Give our military some credit. Your statement that most don't know what the Constitution is completely false. As is your assumption that the government is going to keep all the paychecks rolling and retirement checks rolling when SHTF. Their money stops just as fast as does everybody's, and their loyalty will flip over to themselves and family real fast.
Based upon results so far I am more right than wrong. There are always upstanding individuals that become lumped into the group when statements are made. I know many local young guys who served in the middle east that are pro constitution but many have no clues and will just follow orders [ solders, cops special government people etc.] sorry to say. Been around enough to say that

Based upon results so far I am more right than wrong. There are always upstanding individuals that become lumped into the group when statements are made. I know many local young guys who served in the middle east that are pro constitution but many have no clues and will just follow orders [ solders, cops special government people etc.] sorry to say. Been around enough to say that

I know many young men and women that have served. I spent a lot of time on Marine Corps bases, and activities. I am fortunate I guess that I must have encountered some of the best. My sons were just 3 of a large group of their peers that served over the last 10 years. These individuals have very formed opinions of right and wrong, and blind obligation only when they were oath bound. There is still some element of oath binding after they get out, but they come up with their own views.

As for existing military and government police forces, I think you are right. They will blindly follow orders as long as the cheese is there every other Friday. Going out and doing those things for free for the government is probably the last thing they will do. When that happens all bets are off.

Why would anyone want to bury them? So a tyrannical government doesn't take them away?? Doesn't the 2nd Amendment itself beg the question, 'if you think it's time to bury your weapons, it is in fact time to dig them up'?

And if you were one to think burying them is a good idea, what would it take to dig them up?

Never keep all your eggs in one basket...

I'm not for burying my AKs and ARs...those are by battle rifles. I buried a Mosin Nagant, a shotgun and several hundred rounds of both as a SHTF thing in case I run out of bullets for my other guns I can have those as spares.

If you think you can go head on with an organized, well armed and equiped police/military force you're fooling yourself.

It was my experience in the service 20 plus years ago that many of us understood the Constitution pretty well.

Hell, almost all of us had to register for the draft but not drafted and we were also "all stupid enough to volunteer for the....... "(fill in your service)" ( Side bar: I had to include this line because its one of my favorites from the movie Stripes.)

Ahem, back to the point. I still think more in the military then and now have a better understanding of the Constitution than the average citizen. Why else would the dems push to suppress the military votes in the last two elections??? Because likely the votes ran 75% for the conservative candidates. Plus we signed that blank check, remember??? I think most of us read the fine print.

Brutus Out

Never keep all your eggs in one basket...

I'm not for burying my AKs and ARs...those are by battle rifles. I buried a Mosin Nagant, a shotgun and several hundred rounds of both as a SHTF thing in case I run out of bullets for my other guns I can have those as spares.

If you think you can go head on with an organized, well armed and equiped police/military force you're fooling yourself.

If you're not burying your battle rifles, why? And why would you run out of ammunition for your battle rifles and need to dig up a shot gun and a mosin from the 1800's? (or is it from 1944??)

"if you think you can go head on with an organized, well armed and equiped police/military force you're fooling yourself." I am pretty sure this was said more than once in 1776.

other folks have covered it well but who said "go head on". And how many years do you think that bunch will be be well organized in a civil war. Because that's what we are talking about if it all goes south. You know all those generals, navy captains, colonels O 6s that recently got canned. Well those guys, were for the most part at or near the top of their profession be it field or flag grade. So the folks left to prosecute this defence of the homeland against those bubble gumming 2A whack jobs aren't necessarily the best and the brightest. When things go bad for this bunch and their leader I see a lot of days like the scenes in DOWNFALL movie. None of the yes men and women are willing to tell their leader the bad news. Will it be bloody, heck yeah, but there are Americans who know how to fight, and fight long and hard. personally if it really goes south.... my odds are on a coup. and I suspect the will be a reckoning. just my personal take based on history and current events. Mind you this is not a scenario I am looking forward to. Hunting/RVing on social security is more what I had in mind for 10 years down the road.

Brutus Out

Honest question here, did you like to touch hot stoves as a child? That just seems like poking a bear because you happen to have a stick.

Heck no as we will all be voting to reelect the worshipful Obama our humble master, president for life, for his third term. Obama, Obama, he's the man! If he can't save us no body can..

If you're not burying your battle rifles, why?

Probably because I will be shooting them...why would I own an AR/AK just to bury it? That's like owning a 79 GTO just to keep it in your garage that you don't let anyone see.

And why would you run out of ammunition for your battle rifles and need to dig up a shot gun and a mosin from the 1800's? (or is it from 1944??)

It's a 44, and things happen to guns...you loose them, they break, they're taken from you or you simple run out of bullets. One common practice that people do in training is dump their empty mags on the ground. After a few fire-fights, all those semi-autos are going to be expensive single-shot rifles.

Also, I can hunt or hand off a shotgun or Mosin to someone that lost their rifle without too much invested.

Now seriously, if I were to bury weaponry, I'd do it to store a bulk cache of supplies until an opportune moment presented itself. I won't throw my life away without some guarantee of success.

My answer exactly.

There may be a time where one has to go silent or underground.

A good soldier does retreat they regroup for another go at it.

A good soldier picks and chooses their battles and their battle buddy.

I don't think that local LEO, at least in my area, would enforce blatantly illegal laws which clearly infringe upon basic human rights. The last go around with the anti's had numerous LEO signing letters and sending them to the DOJ or POTUS or whomever saying as much.
Not trying to be a stick in the mud, but they already do..
Its little bits at a time, And under the guise of Ordinances, laws and legislation they are already enforcing unconstitutional Directions throughout anti-firearm cities and states.

All we can do is pray for wisdom in our military that if they were ever asked to turn on it's people that they would refuse. History has shown us that when others were asked most did refuse but some did obey. It's the some we would have to deal with and not the most. But in the end I would rather die standing up then to live laying down.

The liberal leftists that are undermining the Constitution and the Nation have no concept of the strength of will or the capabilities and determination of the people that will fight for this Nation.
They will never comprehend or have the sheer will within a freedom fighter.
They will understand what that is, in THEIR end.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top