JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good for post apocalyptic poker too. I'll see your Charmin single ply and raise you 10 CCI .22LR.

.22LR will be THAT valuable :)
Yes - I view my 34K rounds of .22 RF ammo as good SHTF currency. Some people say they would never trade/sell ammo if SHTF, but there are people who I would barter with and not too much worry about someone attacking me with .22 RF ammo.

Even if I used 1K rounds per year after SHTF (unlikely - probably more like 100 rounds), my current supply of .22 RF ammo would last 30+ years. Well beyond my expected lifetime, and even that of my kids. I would practice with the "bulk" grade ammo, which makes up about 75% of my RF ammo store.

I am currently keeping my eyes open for good prices on match grade RF hunting ammo. I have a couple thousand of that ammo now, so what I have is plenty for actual hunting, but again, it would be good barter ammo too - although I would reserve that for special trades.

(I have .22 LR uppers for my SIG 226s)
Tell me about those. What brand are they? Do they run pretty well without stoppages? Are they ammo sensitive? How accurate are they?

My only experience with top end conversions is a Ceiner .22 slide on my Gold Cup that works well if you keep it clean and lubricated and is accurate. I have also tried an Accurate Arms conversion on a Glock 19. It was passably accurate for plinking or training on large steel targets. I would enjoy an accurate 22 conversion on my 226.

Tell me about those. What brand are they? Do they run pretty well without stoppages? Are they ammo sensitive? How accurate are they?
SIG makes and sells the upper and occasionally. SIG also occasionally sells a 226 in .22 LR, that can then be converted to 9MM and/or .40/.357 SIG. Finding a .22 upper is now kind of hard.

Do not mistake them for the GSG Mosquito which is a slightly scaled down copy of the 226, no longer made, with a zinc(?) frame, in .22 LR (IIRC SIG used to sell these too with the SIG name on them) - these are junk.

As for reliability - they are like most other .22 LR semi auto pistols; picky about ammo. Also the slide does not lock back - although there is an aftermarket mag follower (?) that locks back the slide.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top