JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like it would make a tice tomb.
It worked for the druids:
4325AD72-ADC1-4816-86FA-D56D631C592F.jpeg

Like 15 years old

So it has power and only only one tubelight . What happens if the power goes out? You become an instant mole!
Yeah - it has multiple problems (besides, you have destroyed the anonymity), which he pointed out - but the general principle is interesting.

I would think that something along the lines of a "T" or "I" layout (multiple huts, perpendicular to the main living quarters) would have some advantages instead of one long arch.

Yeah - it has multiple problems (besides, you have destroyed the anonymity), which he pointed out - but the general principle is interesting.

I would think that something along the lines of a "T" or "I" layout (multiple huts, perpendicular to the main living quarters) would have some advantages instead of one long arch.
A buried arch would be cool for an underground shooting range if it was long enough. Moisture would be a constant issue though so that woudl have to be addressed via vebtilation/heating or ? which adds $ for build and long term year to year. Would be kind of a nasty place to be also.

Umatilla Army Depot has a "few".

Would make a nice Senior Citizen's community (golf carts, poodles, sans-a-belt slacks, etc.).

Minor purging of nerve gas residue may be advisable.

A buried arch would be cool for an underground shooting range if it was long enough. Moisture would be a constant issue though so that woudl have to be addressed via vebtilation/heating or ? which adds $ for build and long term year to year. Would be kind of a nasty place to be also.
The vid narrator spoke to the issue of humidity and how the setup addressed it (ventilation).

That shape......
Reminds me of my younger days in Hawaii.

1706899401458.png

Sliced bread, mayo, salt and pepper and the fish cake slices. And/or add to your saimin, along with sliced spam and a bit of cut green onions.

LUNCH TIME.

Aloha, Mark

HaHa! 😆Very clever and funny! However, New Grange and the other mounds at Bru na Boinne were built @ 5000 years ago, Neo-lithic, pre-dating the Iron Age coming of both Celts and druids to Ireland.
Yep it worked. A tomb lasting 5000 years is pretty good I would say. ;) Cool spot btw but too many people. I actually like portal dolmen better cuz zero people. I call all the ancient bubblegumers in that area "druids".

Umatilla Army Depot has a "few".
Minor purging of nerve gas residue may be advisable.

Amazing place. One of the "Igloos" filled with ordnance went up during a routine check by an MP. I saw the 20 foot deep crater about 25 years ago.

Secret Service had a small version of these built during the bay of pigs, for JFK, as a quick defcon 2 get away.

Or was it for code Marilyn ?

You could always buy the old minuteman?/titan? complex near ritzville. I think they filmed beyond Thunder dome? and some other movie there. Not sure if it ever sold. It was on the market a long time. There is a lot of info and tours of it on YouTube. We used to entertube down the partially flooded tunnels/silos near Mattawa when I was a kid. Now some outfit out of tri-cities takes scuba tourists through the silos. Videos of that on YouTube also. As I recall there are three sites total and only the mattawa one is flooded as far as I know.

Edit: Googled it,

View: https://youtu.be/M0jgNrERG8M?si=8jz15i57MeRNVnKA

C3FBEFC7-4A41-4793-8DD6-618510921AEA.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show