JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sad to say some people close to my area on "Nextdoor Site" are worried more about who's to blame on graffiti. You have to be out of touch for not even to feel something bad is brewing. How do you explain to others that may need to prepare themselves at least food emergencies, fuel, generator power, lights for a in case situation. Its just a fact that there are over thousands apprehended, caught that are in the most wanted list from all over the globe passing through our border. How do they know that our enemies are fortifying their positions from the inside while they're talking about flower gardens. :s0092:
Sadly you often just can't and I don't worry about it. Adults make choices in life and they have to live with them. All this "crap" is voted for. Most of those voting for it are the ones being hurt by what they ask for. Many of them can't be reached. It becomes a cult like thing. So when they have to feel some pain for the choices they made? Not my problem. A prime example is people who will not keep a gun at home. When someone tells me that I just shrug and say the bad people have to eat too. If someone shows interest in owning I am all too happy to help them learn. Those who are proud to say they do not want to prepare? Stupidity should be painful and some times it is.

If your plan is to arm your friends / family / neighbors should SHTF, you might consider standardizing your firearm choices around common calibers and magazine patterns. That would simplify acquisition, training, maintenance, and loadout. It would be wise to ensure that every gun has all necessary accessories - holster/sling, spare mags, mag carrier, optic, etc. Also, I agree it would be good to have spare long guns in addition to handguns. If you don't have the budget for extra rifles, pump shotguns are a good alternative. They are inexpensive, easy to operate, reliable, and you can tailor the ammo to fit the needs of the mission.

If SHTF happens, where will you find the time to train all of these unarmed and likely inexperienced people. Do you really want the bullets you give them to come flying through your walls?

We need gas mask... "Forgot"
There was a full face mask I use in the lab. Even if they spray "almost anything in less than a foot," I couldn't even smell it. That must be really expensive. When I was leaving, the superintendent told me, I can have it and take it home. I didn't because I know his mind is not all together and he didn't pay for that. If I can find that same mask, I'd buy for all of us at home. :s0090:

Last Edited:
I have three SIG 226s with both 9x19 (Mk25) and .40 uppers. I also have a SIG 2022 in 9mm & a 2340 upper. I have a couple other 9mm & .40 guns.

I also have three SIG 227s in .45 ACP and a S&W 325TR.

I have .22 rimfire, .357, .44, .308, 5.56, 7.62x39, 5.7x28, .30-30, .45-70, .30-06, 12ga, 20ga, .410 guns & ammo & mags (those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head).

I have plenty of ammo for most of these (I could use more .30-06 - I inherited that rifle from my father).

I have three of the main semi-auto guns because I prep for three people (myself, my daughter & her husband). I have enough 9mm, .40 & .45 to supply nine people with semi-auto sidearms & ammo for any foreseeable SHTF scenario (given that sidearms are backup weapons). The main rifle calibers I have enough guns & ammo for 6-9 people.

About half my ammo cache is .22 rimfire, with plenty for training/practice (I have .22 LR uppers for my SIG 226s) and some for hunting (I have more .22 RF guns than any other caliber).

Some calibers are for hunting only so I have less than 500 rounds each for these.
As I have long suspected, you sir are certifiably insane. It's cool though, takes one to know one. My newest little friend is a single shot in 375jdj. It makes me smile and all my naughty bits tingly.

As I have long suspected, you sir are certifiably insane. It's cool though, takes one to know one. My newest little friend is a single shot in 375jdj. It makes me smile and all my naughty bits tingly.
I try to cover my bases.

It is better to have too much than not enough. I am bugging in so I am not too worried about having to transport any of this stuff - certainly not going anywhere on foot - none of my family that I am prepping for would make it far in any case; our health will not get any better, only worse.

If fecal matter really hit the fan, I could arm some of my neighbors/family - better to have some decently armed people than unarmed neighbors/family that couldn't help out.

The un-armed have value doing support things like cooking and other logistic things. I think I read somewhere that there was 20 support people for every fighting-man in Vietnam.

The un-armed have value doing support things like cooking and other logistic things. I think I read somewhere that there was 20 support people for every fighting-man in Vietnam.
If I need a gun/ammo, then so will my support people. I am not going to be on the front lines of a conflict unless it comes to me. I am too old and decrepit to go fight on the front lines of a formal war - I would just be a hindrance. I would be of more value being in the logistics supply chain.

A SHTF situation will most likely be quite different from a war where organized militaries go up against each other.

If SHTF happens, where will you find the time to train all of these unarmed and likely inexperienced people. Do you really want the bullets you give them to come flying through your walls?
Ideally you train them before shtf, but if that's not possible and you have to explain to a group of people how to use a gun, you want that to be as simple as it can be.

As for when you'll have time, if you're sheltering in place to ride things out the initial window of time when things start to unravel will be busy. However, after you've done the basics (establish defensive perimeter, inventory supplies, plan out ration cycle for food & water, set up communications, plan lookout rotation, etc) you're probably going to be doing a whole lot of watching and waiting to see what happens next. If you're in a densely populated urban environment you might have more activity going on outside your perimeter, but it's still not going to be nonstop action. If it is, you've got bigger problems on your hands than a small group of untrained folks will be able to deal with.

I like how the article references movies and television extensively. This is exactly how I was raised.
Pm8SWpY.jpeg.jpg

Lol , ask my dad if he's seen any combat.

I dropped all other pistol calibers but 9 a while back.
I went . 22lr 5.56, .300blk 308 and either.284w or 7mm-08, 6.5g.
300blk for fun and quite time. 9 for uniform pistol ammo. 308, 7mm-08/.284w longer range. I can add the 6.5g to this since it's solid for me out to 1000y
Every thing inside 250 is one of the 5.56 guns set up for my wife son or myself.

But I like in a neighborhood and if it comes to it. I'll be seeing fence to fence distances. And the big stuff will just make bigger holes.

I have pipe dreams about leaving and getting a place that I can ride the bubblegum out. Or have a group of people to come together and be safer. But none of that has happened yet. So it's just me at this point. So simplistic approach is best.

If the crap really did hit the fan, would you rather have 7 or 8- 9mm's and a bunch of the same ammo? Or would you rather have 5 or 6 nines and a couple of 45's but you have to store a bunch of different ammo? Just wondering what your choice would be if you had plenty of time to prepair?
I have 8 or 9 SIGs (I keep forgetting which).

I prep for three people, so I have three each of P227s in .45 ACP and three each of P226s in .40 & 9mm (I have several others too).

The 227s and 226s share some parts. I have 9mm & .40 S&W uppers/mags for each of the 226s, and plenty of ammo for .45, .40 & 9mm. I have a .22 conversion kit for the 226s, for practice. I am keep my eyes open for a P220 .22 kit, so I can modify it to work in the 227s - but the 226 is very similar to the 227 and vice versa, so practice with the 226 in .22LR would be the same. I can swap the 9mm <-> .40 <-> .22LR in about 30 seconds.

I have some other misc 9mms and .45 ACP pistols, plus the three 5.7 pistol/rifle combos (Five Seven and PS90s).

I generally try to get at least three of everything - water filters, backpacks, etc. - so that we each have what we need and we know how to use the gear of another person.

Started with a G22.40 back in 2013. This was during one of the big ammo shortages. Literally no 9mm avail. So between the G17 and G22, I went with the 22. It being the main LE sidearm at the time was also a big factor.

Fast forward a few years. .40's out, 9mm's back in. I went with a G43x for CC. My thinking was 9mm would be the most ubiquitous in a shtf scenario, plus the 43X is very concealable. Because I wanted some flexibility, I also got a 9mm Lonewolf barrel and G17 mags for the G22.

Decided on 5.56AR for primary rifle for the same reasoning, availability, wide use in shtf..proven effective.

Then decided on getting a Mossberg 590 and 10/22 during the Measure 114 mayhem..just to round out the shtf package.

Only other caliber I may consider down the line is .308..to go with a Remington 700. I think that should finally complete it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top