JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The problem with silos (besides that many of they seem to be wrecks filled - at least partially - with water), is that they may still be on the list of targets by Russia, who may or may not have updated their missile guidance data (or may not believe that the silos are no longer targets).

The problem with silos (besides that many of they seem to be wrecks filled - at least partially - with water), is that they may still be on the list of targets by Russia, who may or may not have updated their missile guidance data (or may not believe that the silos are no longer targets).
Yea it really pisses me off when Russia bombs my secret bunker. Takes all the fun out of it. :s0112:

Amazing place. One of the "Igloos" filled with ordnance went up during a routine check by an MP. I saw the 20 foot deep crater about 25 years ago.

Secret Service had a small version of these built during the bay of pigs, for JFK, as a quick defcon 2 get away.

Or was it for code Marilyn ?
There is a respectable herd of Pronghorn that live on the Umatilla bunker complex. When the facility was being constructed, it was decided the antelope (already occupying the area) had to go.

it became problematic to capture them all, so shooting was considered, then somebody thought it might be a real good idea to keep them on the facility as sort of "the canaries in the coal mine" in case a compromise of containment occurred.

We all may rest assured that Russia (and numerous other countries) know EXACTLY which silos are operational. The one pictured above is a Titan site, and they were manned. Virtually an Air Force Base underground.

Minuteman silos are not manned (unless the security system is non-operational, or maintenance is being performed on the missile and support system). They are controlled at a separate location called a Launch Control Facility (LCF). Ten Minutemen per LCF, and each missile has multiple warheads individually targeted, and none (on either side of a fight) would be wasted on a missile site non-functional.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews