JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a bad feeling about this one, worse than others.

Just got back from Bi-Mart, bought a few hundred rounds American Eagle XM193 on sale for $44. Still some of that and XM855 @ $58 left on the shelves, but I doubt it'll last long.

I got a bit of perspective yesterday at the rimfire challenge. There were five of us shooting 8 stages, four pistol and four rifle. Each stage shot five times with an average of 40 rounds total per person. On paper that's about 1600 rounds for one family fun day.

Point being when some anti says OMG why would anyone need so much ammo, well...there is one reason and it's not based upon fear, greed or the nefarious deeds of those Mennonite troublemakers we hear so much about.

I agree this might just be the tipping point. A cry will go out asking for protection by the masses and our government elected officials will respond by enacting more laws that will endanger the masses further. Why is it so hard for our leaders to understand that laws hamper the law abiding making honest people criminals
It is a cyclic process that will eventually remove our ability to protect ourselve and our families if we wish to remainn as law abiding members of society. I will not become a criminal by my own actions but I feel that day is fast approaching.

The thought has crossed my mind, but then again, I don't want to contribute to panic buying. I do wonder if this shooting will not just hand Hillary the election. At that point it may be illegal to possess period, and you have to turn it all in...without compensation...or be branded FELON....Welcome to the new tyranny. How many lives would have been saved if these people were allowed, no...REQUIRED to carry a weapon? Many...again another mass shooting at a place where firearms are prohibited, leaving innocent victims unable to defend themselves. Proof that gun control doesn't work. It didn't work in San Bernadino, it isn't working in Illinois, and it isn't working in NY or DC. End this nonsense, arm everyone. An armed society is a polite society.

I've already been stocking up in anticipation of the run on ammo that will most likely start as soon as the democrats announce that Hillary will indeed be their candidate.
I'm trying not to be too panicked about it though!

Nope
IMG_3385.JPG

What did he say? Ban the AR again?

yeah, I am hoping things swing the other direction and the people start to think they would rather be armed rather then disarmed. Other then that, I will wait till after the election to buy anymore.

In my opinion, it's this kind of thinking that gets us (gun owners) in trouble. I am not planning on changing my buying behavior in any way. I will still look for things I need, when I need them. If they are not available, I will wait till such time as they are. But yeah, I have a good stock on hand. If anything, I will just shoot a little less, till things settle down, again, like they always do.

Radical-Muslim-terrorist, there I said it,, easy huh ?
That piece of swine excrement is/was just that and I'm glad he's dead so there's no muss or fuss about a trial.
Too fing bad that thing holding the office of president can't bring himself to say it, worthless cull.

Am I buying any additional ammo?
No- don't need to, that was long ago and I refuse to ever be caught short, ever.
Someone here said that this might catapult Hillary into office?
I believe quite the opposite, sooner (I hope) than later, the general quiet majority is going to wake the F up and demand REAL hope and change, not some rhetoric from a community
cheerleader like Obama.
He and his policy are as much to blame as the worthless scum that did this.
And one last scream from my soap box- God bless America and death to radical Islamists!
:mad:

Prayers for the victims of Orlando, and of all domestic shootings.
Terrorist attacks like this will improve Trump's election chances - Billary has the track record of leaving US Citizens high and dry in the face of terrorists.

In addition to having hundreds loaded for each caliber, I have materials to load ~3K of 223, 2.7K of 9mm, 2.5k of 40S&W, 2K of 308, 1.5K of 7mm and 1.5K of 338. I'll have to inventory my primer and powder - last I checked, I had enough to load ~1/4 of all that I have.
At the rate I shoot, that should last me 2-3 years.

Of 22LR, I have maybe 700 left. During the last ammo shortage, I gave a bunch of 22LR away with the agreement, "repay me when the craze is over". My bet, I'll never get it back.
I have steadfastly refused to buy if if it's over 6¢ - I'm just a cheap m'fer. Why buy it at 10¢ when I can reload 223 for less than that (if I ignore the primer cost).

Of 22LR, I have maybe 700 left. During the last ammo shortage, I gave a bunch of 22LR away with the agreement, "repay me when the craze is over". My bet, I'll never get it back.
I have steadfastly refused to buy if if it's over 6¢ - I'm just a cheap m'fer. Why buy it at 10¢ when I can reload 223 for less than that (if I ignore the primer cost).

I like the way you evaluate other options. Ten fold

I am not in need of more ammo, but that does not mean I won't buy some more. It is an obsession. My wife buys shoes, I buy ammo. But at least I don't have to panic or worry about not being able to shoot when I want

Hehe. My miss's use to catch me walking in the door. Did you buy ammo today? I looked at her baffled, thinking, how did she know that? She has habit of monitoring our bank account. When I pull anything around $250+ cash out, she knows. Either that, or it's a flat out debit card purchase of a gun at the gun store.

I'll wear my pants till they walk themselves to the trash. LOLOL

Hehe. My miss's use to catch me walking in the door. Did you buy ammo today? I looked at her baffled, thinking, how did she know that? She has habit of monitoring our bank account. When I pull anything around $250+ cash out, she knows. Either that, or it's a flat out debit card purchase of a gun at the gun store.

I'll wear my pants till they walk themselves to the trash. LOLOL

Heck, you could wear a kilt for all I care!
Your Mrs. prolly has the "transaction alert" set on your accounts. I had all my personal and financial data stolen (opposing counsel lawyer's office robbed, my suit discovery was taken in the crime), locked all credit and put transaction notices on everything over $1.
It sure works!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads