JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can't stress this enough: pot is very bad for kids. It seriously messes up their intellectual and emotional development.
Plus the THC content of products today is much higher than 30 years ago.

Really messes some folks up, and bad.

See quite a few folks who's only recreational drug is habitual marijuana. Folks whom would have likely been reasonably normal without, whom now likely will never be responsible members of society.

Then of course there are the multi street drug abusers, almost all also have THC on board.

I have a friend who has been a habitual pot smoker for many years. Love her to death but when she had to stop smoking (some upcoming procedure) she found it very very difficult to do. Addicted is the word for it.

I did my drugs and pot early in life, but got married and had children. I had done hypnotism to quit smoking so I quit pot too. Haven't had a cigarette in 38 years. I've had a carry license for 10+ years and won't put that in jeopardy. In Texas pot for a gun license holder is illegal. I just have no more interest in smoking pot. Don't care what others do, its just no longer for me.

If someone has a problem that pot honestly helps them with, I am all for it. But like alcohol, an adult smoking pot sets a bad example for children. Not interested in justifications, I believe that people can do what they want in life.

I always wonder how much money I could have saved if I hadn't done drugs or alcohol growing up....... But how do kids afford a pack of cigarettes these days?!

Can't stress this enough: pot is very bad for kids. It seriously messes up their intellectual and emotional development.
Agreed! And not just that. Try going into a mini market when the nearby high school lets out for lunch. All the kids grabbing energy drinks. Some of those things are a 300 milligrams of caffeine! that just can't be a good thing! I'll admit I use them. After years of thinking they were terrible tasting, and NOT good for a person, I started using them. Kind of got hooked on them. But that's my right. I'm an adult, and have cut back a bunch. And in the way-past I used speed, respectfully. Still ate and slept. It's been thirty plus years. Those energy drinks are mighty similar in effect to Speed!

Agreed! And not just that. Try going into a mini market when the nearby high school lets out for lunch. All the kids grabbing energy drinks. Some of those things are a 300 milligrams of caffeine! that just can't be a good thing! I'll admit I use them. After years of thinking they were terrible tasting, and NOT good for a person, I started using them. Kind of got hooked on them. But that's my right. I'm an adult, and have cut back a bunch. And in the way-past I used speed, respectfully. Still ate and slept. It's been thirty plus years. Those energy drinks are mighty similar in effect to Speed!
It was harder for me to kick my addiction to energy drinks than it was for me to kick my addiction to alcohol.

That's saying something.

I'm gonna keep my addictions private. But I kicked them all, from a time when I loudly and publicly declared I would not survive past the age of 25.
And yet, here I am, 40 years later, (mostly) clean, no blood-borne diseases, and (mostly) sober... :)

Last Edited:
I'm gonna keep my addictions private. But I kicked them all, from when a time I loudly and publicly declared I would not survive past the age of 25.
And yet, here I am, 40 years later, (mostly) clean, no blood-borne diseases, and (mostly) sober... :)
I got a few I'm not putting on a public forum as well.

I worked in the beverage distribution business for most of 30 years and one of our products was an energy drink (RB). I was always amazed that people could drink energy drinks like they did. Red Bull and vodka was popular, but to me that was just an upper and a downer at the same time. A HUUUUGE money maker for the company but I never ever drank a single one.(Black coffee drinker)

I'm gonna keep my addictions private. But I kicked them all, from a time when I loudly and publicly declared I would not survive past the age of 25.
I'm addicted to buying parts for my ARs and now that's illegal in Washington
have spare parts in boxes I've never opened

20-bucks-is-10e937b43a.jpg

I saw this today, 01-11-2024.........
YEAH, they were probably waiting, until most of us, forgot about it.

Aloha, Mark

I don't mind being open, and I'll be bluntly honest. I didn't have some kind of impenetrable moral fiber that kept me off drugs. Wish that was so, but it wasn't there. Truth is I was just paranoid, and I mean solidly paranoid. I understood that if I ever tried marijuana (or worse) the coach would kick me off the football team. Football was the world to me at that age, so I just said no whenever drugs were offered. After a while people got used to me saying no and eventually they stopped offering. I had become "that guy" who didn't partake at parties and such. By the time I was past the sports part of life saying no had become a habit, and to this day it still is. That said, I don't judge people who choose to take drugs. To each their own. This is America where our fate is in our own hands, we make our own choices, and I'm not here to be someone else's nanny. Just don't expect me or others to be responsible for picking up the crap when a user goes off the deep end of self-destruction. Their problem. Their responsibility. At the end of the day, they are the only ones who can genuinely fix themselves.

There are places in the US where it's hard to find a bar. Not in Oregon. In this part of the country it's harder to find an adult without significant drug & alcohol experience. We live in a highly permissive part of the country. Whatever your poison is, you can find your community and live together with other users in relative peace. Despite not being a drug user, I lean Libertarian in these types of things. Keep to yourself and keep government out of our lives. Do what you want, just don't ask me for help. However, I have also noticed people who partake over long periods of time become soft in the head. They start going native, like some magical forest dwelling creature as seen in Lord of the Rings.

Last Edited:
There are places in the US where it's hard to find a bar. Not in Oregon. In this part of the country it's harder to find an adult without significant drug & alcohol experience. We live in a highly permissive part of the country. Whatever your poison is, you can find your community and live together with other users in relative peace. Despite not being a drug user, I lean Libertarian in these types of things. Keep to yourself and keep government out of our lives. Do what you want, just don't ask me for help. However, I have also noticed people who partake over long periods of time become soft in the head. They start going native, like some magical forest dwelling creature as seen in Lord of the Rings. And this is a problem because life can be brutally hard, and despite what people think, getting drunk and high does not help you cope with reality.
So clarified butter or regular?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads