JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't forget drugs. Some drugs like the new meth quickly make a sane person insane. Fentanyl can make you think you are getting attacked by robots and chew other peoples faces off. Shrooms can make you try to crash a plane with 83 people on board. ...for those that don't know, those are references to real-world events recently in Portland.
Thanks to all the libtarded minds who supported Measures 109 and 110.

Simple math
If x is the percentage of mentally ill people in a population, when the population increases, the number of mentally ill people goes up.

Growing up in LA which always had millions of people in my lifetime. Things didn't noticeably decline until they shut down the mental hospitals.

Don't forget drugs.
Joker, Joker, AND A TRIPLE!

These three items alone make it a perfect fecal matinee. Some blame Reagan in Cali for closing the institutions but he was actually just doing what was being ordered from lawsuits. Other states followed. I get that we have to be EXTREMELY careful taking someone's freedom away, but the bar is currently over the moon. Mix this with drugs and it makes this much worse. I know (from other threads) that some are not with me on this, but marijuana is a big part of the problem. I'm not talking about someone who functions well and had a job having a gummy before bed, but for young people who are already having some issues, it is often a terrible mix. Incidents of schizophrenia increase by about three times alone. Alcohol is still the major issue but this just adds to it. There are two (I think) liquor stores in east Salem and dozens of places to buy pot (or they will deliver). Mix in all the other terrible things out there and Yahtzee. And then, of course, we have more people. Toss in not prosecuting for crimes, which makes successful programs like drug courts work, and the snowball just keeps growing.

These three items alone make it a perfect fecal matinee. Some blame Reagan in Cali for closing the institutions but he was actually just doing what was being ordered from lawsuits. Other states followed. I get that we have to be EXTREMELY careful taking someone's freedom away, but the bar is currently over the moon. Mix this with drugs and it makes this much worse. I know (from other threads) that some are not with me on this, but marijuana is a big part of the problem. I'm not talking about someone who functions well and had a job having a gummy before bed, but for young people who are already having some issues, it is often a terrible mix. Incidents of schizophrenia increase by about three times alone. Alcohol is still the major issue but this just adds to it. There are two (I think) liquor stores in east Salem and dozens of places to buy pot (or they will deliver). Mix in all the other terrible things out there and Yahtzee. And then, of course, we have more people. Toss in not prosecuting for crimes, which makes successful programs like drug courts work, and the snowball just keeps growing.
Good post!
...but I'm gonna steal👇 this👇one, fer sure... :)

make it a perfect fecal matinee.

Can't stress this enough: pot is very bad for kids. It seriously messes up their intellectual and emotional development.

Kids today are so unhip that when you say Dylan they thinks you're talking about Dylan Thomas.
Whoever he was
:rolleyes:
hqdefault-11.jpg
Multi generational - huh?

Look up Michael Bloch and his incident with drugs prescribed to him via the VA. Luckily no one was hit/hurt during his "episode." He's currently fighting in court.

2 hours and 23 minutes into the podcast he discusses it as well as the event.

Wrong drugs/wrong scripts and their negative effects depending on TBIs/PTS etc can have catastrophic outcomes. Completely unintentional to the consumer/veteran.

In no way am I validating or arguing what has been done by the individual in this mass shooting.
That's probably the heart of a lot of issues. How do you heal a fractured mind? Therapy? Meds that alter the mind?

When the pharmaceutical industry comes out with antidepressants to add to your antidepressants because the antidepressants are no longer effective, there might just be a problem with doctors over-prescribing, or defaulting to medication as the only solution for everything. Like the drug resistant bacteria scenario that came from over-prescribing, who knows what future problems mental health doctors are creating by over-prescribing antidepressants? We may be seeing a glimpse of it today.

Don't forget drugs. Some drugs like the new meth quickly make a sane person insane. Fentanyl can make you think you are getting attacked by robots and chew other peoples faces off. Shrooms can make you try to crash a plane with 83 people on board. ...for those that don't know, those are references to real-world events recently in Portland.
We had at least one generation where ADHD seemed to be almost as common as not. My generation didn't have it so much, because if you were hyperactive, daydreaming, distracted, or just unlucky enough to be caught standing there whatever ailed you was cured by mowing the lawn, weeding the garden, washing the car, filling in the potholes in the driveway with gravel, scraping loose paint off the siding, pulling weeds out of the lawn, washing the dog or a million other tasks. If you whined the result was "Let me find a chore worth whining over...". The response today would be Ritalin and enabling therapy that excuses bad behavior.

We were expected to be on our own at 18 which could mean a job, wife and kids or going to war, Few were ready but most rose to the task. Today kids use college to avoid adulthood and many need to be 30 or beyond before they make a real try. Hell, the average age for the latest gen male to lose his virginity is in the mid 20's. Each generation seems to be progressively less ready to embrace adulthood.

It sounds like I'm complaining about them, but people are people. They are responding to an environment a big part of which is solving all problems with the latest wonder drug, food adulterated with chemicals that sound like petroleum by products not to mention a reliance on food that's "ready to eat" chock full of preservatives i.e toxins, and virtually nothing home made and natural. It all adds up and it all takes a toll.

When you let kids (tweenagers and even threenagers) like this loose on the world don't be shocked at the results.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top