JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
And these days in Washington, that ain't all that easy. This was an older Rossi single shot combo gun, it had a .243 Win. rifle barrel, and a 20 gauge shotgun barrel. To say these aren't all that popular is a fair statement. Therefore, not easily sold. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I bought it. Probably that being as how it had two barrels, it had versatility on its side. It came with a scope on it, an older Western Field made in Japan, it has a television screen on the objective lens. There was a screw missing on the power adjustment ring that I fixed.

I never got a warm feeling for this rifle / shotgun set. To get my money out of it, I sold the .243 Win. rifle barrel on Ebay where people will pay really stupid prices for such things. Lately, I put the rest of it, the frame/stock element and the 20 ga. barrel, up for sale on Gunbroker and it sold the second week it was listed. Tomorrow, the mailman will pick it up and send it on to the new owner's FFL dealer.

I kept the nice, old-timey Western Field scope on another rifle where it has worked out well. So in that sense, I came out ahead. I still have all my .243 Win. ammo and reloading gear. I'd like to get another .243 but this time I will be more careful in my selection. Over two decades ago, my cousin turned a older Ruger Model 77 over to me to sell for him. It had a heavy target barrel. That is the sort of thing I'd like to have now.

And these days in Washington, that ain't all that easy. This was an older Rossi single shot combo gun, it had a .243 Win. rifle barrel, and a 20 gauge shotgun barrel. To say these aren't all that popular is a fair statement. Therefore, not easily sold. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I bought it. Probably that being as how it had two barrels, it had versatility on its side. It came with a scope on it, an older Western Field made in Japan, it has a television screen on the objective lens. There was a screw missing on the power adjustment ring that I fixed.

I never got a warm feeling for this rifle / shotgun set. To get my money out of it, I sold the .243 Win. rifle barrel on Ebay where people will pay really stupid prices for such things. Lately, I put the rest of it, the frame/stock element and the 20 ga. barrel, up for sale on Gunbroker and it sold the second week it was listed. Tomorrow, the mailman will pick it up and send it on to the new owner's FFL dealer.

I kept the nice, old-timey Western Field scope on another rifle where it has worked out well. So in that sense, I came out ahead. I still have all my .243 Win. ammo and reloading gear. I'd like to get another .243 but this time I will be more careful in my selection. Over two decades ago, my cousin turned a older Ruger Model 77 over to me to sell for him. It had a heavy target barrel. That is the sort of thing I'd like to have now.
I have a CVA Hunter break action in 243. I paid around $100 many moons ago. It was a Dick's clearance special before they went full stupid. Still haven't shot it yet but I will keep it around.

Speaking for myself....having succumbed to gun lust a few times...
It often turns into a case of WTH was I thinking...:D

Trading off the item or even selling it for a loss has been known to happen...as is simply gifting it to someone who does like it.
Andy

Buy high, sell low… winning!! :s0004:
I consider it winning if....
I am getting rid of something I have no use for...and getting something that I will use in place of it.
A win in a transaction occurs if both parties walk away happy.

With that said...
Do I buy high and sell / trade low every time...nope...but it has been known to happen.
Andy

I consider it winning if....
I am getting rid of something I have no use for...and getting something that I will use in place of it.
A win in a transaction occurs if both parties walk away happy.

With that said...
Do I buy high and sell / trade low every time...nope...but it has been known to happen.
Andy
If it turns out that I really don't like something, I don't hesitate to let it go. I like to at least break even and I make some effort to do that. I've had plenty of transactions over the years where I've made money. There is an off-setting effect there that reinforces the occasional loss.

Last year, I went through all of my documentation going back to firearm number one in 1965,. In the course of my life, I've owned 528 different firearms. Later, as closely as I could, I tallied up financial wins and losses. I came out well to the good. Which included a few horrifying losses here and there due to bad luck or lack of knowledge. Inflation wasn't all that much of a factor as the majority of the guns were owned for relatively short periods. From two weeks to a couple of years being a "short period." So it's been a hobby that hasn't cost me anything but powder, primers and bullets expended. Which today is a big "but."

Speaking of buts. Rule number one. Always, always look down the barrel. If you've looked down 99 barrels and have gotten lazy, don't be. Because it will be that 100th barrel that bite you in the butt. Never assume a dirty barrel is just dirty, even shotguns. Because it may be more than dirt.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top