JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Long guns: Two receivers with interchangeable barrels in any caliber or gauge I want.

357 revolver and handloads from mouse to deer.

Bruce

Say, have you heard anything about how the current Remarms 870's are?
Other than the quality level drop and some hit and miss on the finish (surface rust complaints) I haven't heard all that much... and have not actually handled or fired one.

Nostalgia mode:
Remington Model 81 in 300 Savage (1941)
Ithaca Model 37 in 16 Gauge (1948)
Hi Standard Field King 22LR (1951)

Thumper Mode
Remington Model 8 in 35 Remington
Uberti 1895 Lever in 45/70
Ruger Blackhawk, 44 Mag.

FJB mode
Tactical Nuke
Flame thrower
Javelin missile

In the real world, it would be impossible for me to decide on 3 guns.

But in this make believe world, I could get along with the following 3 guns. Note the common denominator... These are all diminutive and easier to handle and carry guns.

Let's say a lever action .30-30. My Winchester Trapper 94 is pretty wonderful.

And for a shotgun, I have an old 870 Express with a 18-1/2" barrel, rifle sights, and Rem-Choke. It works very well for home defense, medium to small game hunting, and bird hunting.

Lastliest, I often carry an old Security Six .357, with a 2-3/4" barrel. This little revolver is an unbelievable tack driver.

Tomorrow, my answers could be different.
It could be a lever action .357, and a 10mm 1911. But the shotgun would remain the same. I've got a much better bird gun, but this 870 gets much more of my attention.

And on another day, my rifle choice could morph into a Scout Rifle in .308 or even an AR.

Last Edited:
IDK. Probably a zip gun. It's a pistol, shoots long "rifle" ammo and is as accurate as a shotgun. Checkmate, Oprah.

If I could only own one of each for the rest of eternity...

Rifle: A 16" AR-10 Because it can be used on anything in N. America.

Shotgun: A Benelli SBE. I've already put 50k rounds through one without failure, so I see no need to use anything else.

Pistol: a USP Tactical. Again, they just plain work. I'd love one in 10mm, but 9mm would be just fine.

Question is too broad I think. Own for what purpose? Gun you appreciate and love to shoot may be different than the one you would take to war or even the one you would depend on for survival or for concealed carry fe. Also is this ideal gun as in if you could have any gun you want or is it guns you own?

Sounds like overpriced junk.
Thanks for the heads up.
I dunno if I would call them junk, but if I were looking to pick one up I would certainly be looking for a used in great condition... which isn't really all that difficult to find.

Seeing the QC and how other newer guns are being produced these days... comparatively... the remarms might just be middle ground par for the course(?) Again, I haven't laid hands on any of them to know, but chatter seems to say the actions are still very smooth and reliable. I can't vouch for that either though. ;)

I think there are too many rocket scientists here that thrive on making things difficult.

I saw the poll as just simple and fun, what 3 guns could you live with?

And I'm simple and fun. :)

Of the guns I own :

Rifle...Hawken .54 caliber....
Shotgun...870 Wingmaster 20 gauge , Modified choke...from 1962
Handgun...H&R 649 .22LR Revolver...

Tough call there for the handgun...
Dad's ( Now mine ) Colt Series '70 Government in .45ACP was callin' real loud....:D

Guns I'd like to own :
Rifle....Marlin 336 Sporting Carbine in 30-30 circa 1950
Shotgun....Beretta 686 20 gauge with a 26 inch barrel
Handgun...Colt New Frontier .357 Magnum circa 1969
Andy
Some worthy choices.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show