JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmmm :::thinkin real hard:::
AK74 in 5.56x45
Remington 870 (1960's) 12ga set up for patrol use, 20" barrel, 8-round tube, tritium peep/front sights
.357 N-frame Smith 5"-6" barrel. (Would settle for a similar Redhawk, albeit somewhat reluctantly)

More than likely tho, an AR15 Colt Mforgery, (in spite of the fact that I STILL (gut-level) seriously distrust the Stoner rifles, a CAR15 failed on me years ago)... they are ubiquitous here in the States with lotsa parts etc.
870 shotgun, Might take that 870 in 20ga these days... the 20 ga ammo is getting better, and my old shoulder, victim of a long ago bike accident, isn't.
Pistol- 9mm Glock 19-5... also ubiquitous with many after-market parts, and reputed to be as sturdy a piece of plastic and metal one is likely to find. It will certainly outlast me, all things being equal. Heck, even the tritiums will outlast me...

I know it's cheating, but my BLR .308 deer rifle would be useful too, and my 10-22. Have owned both for years and they have served well.

As much as I like my FAL (a lot), the combined weight of the weapon and ammo mitigates against lugging one around for very long. Same with my H&K.. Actually sold my M1A cuz the money offered was more than I could bear, kinda regret having done that, even so... I've retired (safe-queened) my much-beloved Combat Commander for similar reasons.

SOOOO.... IF shtf in the time I have left, I can defend my Old Woman and go out in a Blaze O' Glory should that be my Fate.

********************************************** Valhalla beckons, Valkyries sing! *********************************************

Last Edited:
1) Soviet Era Dragunov SVD 7.62x54R
2) Benelli M3 Folding 12ga Auto/Pump
3)Beretta 92FS 9mm Inox Stainless 1st import from Italy NIB or LNIB

Last Edited:
Hmmmm :::thinkin real hard:::
AK74 in 5.56x45
Remington 870 (1960's) 12ga set up for patrol use, 20" barrel, 8-round tube, tritium peep/front sights
.357 N-frame Smith 5"-6" barrel. (Would settle for a similar Redhawk, albeit somewhat reluctantly)

I know it's cheating, but my BLR .308 deer rifle would be useful too, and my 10-22. Have owned both for years and they have served well.

As much as I like my FAL (a lot), the combined weight of the weapon and ammo mitigates against lugging one around for very long. Same with my H&K.. Actually sold my M1A cuz the money offered was more than I could bear, kinda regret having done that, even so... I've retired (safe-queened) my much-beloved Combat Commander for similar reasons.

SOOOO.... IF shtf in the time I have left, I can defend my Old Woman and go out in a Blaze O' Glory should that be my Fate.

********************************************** Valhalla beckons, Valkyries sing! *********************************************
(psst, you can make up multiple lists. It's ok :s0155: )

HK91 - Can take down any game I might encounter. I have some black tips that I can load which will go through most any car door and a lot of body armor. Can be converted to full auto quite easily. Is VERY reliable.

XD mod 2 .45acp subcompact. Can be concealed easily. Shoots like a full sized pistol with the extended magazine. Makes big holes. Carries 14 rounds of .45acp with the extended magazine.

I am not a big shotgun guy. I would probably go for a semi-auto street sweeper like thing in 12 gauge that could still be used for water fowl. I have never been good with pumps.

Pre-64 Winchester 70 (flip flopping between Savage 99 and Ruger No.1)
Ithaca model 37 trench gun
S&W 686

Alternative:
Henry Martini Schutzen rifle
Belgium Browning Citori 20ga O/U
Colt 1911

ok, I will change up too.
1957 vintage Savage 99f in .308
Revelation 12 ga. bolt action with select-o-choke [Mossberg]
Ruger GP 100 stainless .327 federal mag

Tavor 5.56
Mossberg 930 12guage
Glock 21 45ACP
Those three would work for me. I'd love to add a 22lr to the mix so in this fantasy I have a 22lr conversion kit for the G21 😎

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews