JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Smith and Wesson M&P9...I have the M&P40 and it is flawless. Less felt recoil equals better follow-up shots.

But, best advice, try them at ranges and buy the one that fits you best and you're most comfortable with. Everything else you hear is just us afficionados plugging our favorite firearms! :)

Best.

+1 on the h&k p30 but ya need more cash then $500. I have been impressed with my gf's baby eagle 9mm it was $410 (new) out the door with 2 17rd clips. It really gets down to what ya think ya will shoot well and feels good in your hand.

i am also new to handguns, how ever i have recently picked up a 3rd gen taurus 24/7 pro ds. i have not had any issues with it so far. ive put over 1000 rounds thru it in less than a month. its a 17+1 polymer frame W/a staneless slide, i had taught myself how to take apart and clean it in less than 20 min. i was even able to do a quick field cleaning after my last half case of shells. It has also gone over well with my GF, she has small hands and still feels like she has control over the weapon. check it out, i piked mine up new for $360 through a family friend.

I'll be buying an H&K USP 9 SD or P30L soon. I appreciate that you can go to the Clackamas Sheriff's training center and try several different guns.

Having done that, Im surprised anyone buys a gun without trying something close to it first.

After you shoot the P30, you won't like the USP, in my opinion. I had both, kept the P30. I like it a lot. My wife has a P2000, she likes it, too, same action as the P30.

Bob

So I have to agree with Margana. I have an XD and I love the thing, though its a .40. Still easily the best I owned and fired.
I also picked up a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm. Nice little gun.

I love my Beretta 92, but it is big and heavy. Love HK's but they are pricey. Like the Walther P99, but have heard tales of failures. My next 9mm will most likely be a Sig. Haven't decided which one. I also like the XD from Springfield. I want something I can carry. Anyone have any other suggestions? I don't like Glocks, but many people do.

XDM all the way

Matched barrel, great trigger, adjustable grip, oh... did I mention 20 rounds of zombie blasting power! They're coming out with 10 rd mags for states with bans and i'm not sure that all competitions allow you to have extended mags.

and honestly for the price around 6 you get two mags, 3 sizes of backstraps, a mag loader, a passable holster, bore brush, lock and a wicked cool pelican case.

my 2 cents

So I DID end up getting the ruger sr9 (cheapest of the 3 9's I wanted) and I am NOT sorry that I did.
the trigger does leave a bit to be desired... but the thing really does shoot quite nicely. No failure to feeds, eject, fire, nothing in the first 200 rounds, before I even cleaned it of the factory goo.
points well, seems to be more accurate than I am at this point.

There's a few things online about messing with the trigger, and the mag fire disconnect. Others have said that after shooting it a bunch, the trigger gets better too.

I'll still be getting a walther p99 and an xdm though.

For all around gun, Glock 19 end of story. Great price, great shooter, easy to carry, lots of parts that are cheap, ton of mags, can carry G19 and G17 mags, DEAD reliable, any many other reasons.

To me, it's the perfect fit for just about everyone. I have one and if I ever have to sell all my guns, that will be the only one I hold on to. Even over my Kimber!

I absolutely love my CZ 75BD....however...I put 100 rounds through my Sig reconditioned P226 yesterday....wow. Cadillac of all 9's and I have had my share. Smoothest shooter around hands down! This thing is basically new with a one year Sig warranty. Sig reconditions them to new..blueing, grips etc...$579! I was leaning towards buying another P6 but with prices going from $350 to $400 now and only 8 shots in a 9mm? I am happy with my choice. The XDM is a nice choice as well but nothing beats a Sig :s0166:

Check this site best9mm.com. I've found it very helpfull.

+1 for that recomendation. From that list I now have the CZ75, the Jericho 941 and the PT92 (my wife also has a Sig p226, but thats not on the best9's list), and thier all great.
Of those, each has it's pro's;

The PT-92 is rock solid reliable. I've put 700 rounds through it over a weekend with no cleaning and it just kept on banging away. I dont think anything can make that pistol fail to fire (except maybe bad ammo). I have a total of about 10K rounds through it so far, and it still looks brand new.

The CZ75 is nice and accurate, I just don't know it well enough to comment too much (sisters gun).

Jericho941. This ones my baby! 1 FTE out of several thousand rounds so far, and SO accurate it's scary. It's comfortable in the hand and points like a dream. The only drawback is it's a little heavy for carry.

P226. Softest shooter I've ever felt. I swear my S&W mod 41 (.22) has more felt recoil than this *****cat does. My only issue with it is that my interface with it isnt that great (i.e. I cant hit the broad side of a barn with this gun for some reason). I don't question the guns accuracy, it's just not a good fit for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top