JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Which modern handguns in the sub $500 range will have the lowest depreciation rates? I usually try to buy my new firearms well below MSRP and used firearms at the low end of going rates. But that still leaves room for values to hit their floor prices.

I have a bunch of plastic framed pistols so I am thinking I should start looking at adding more revolvers or metal framed pistols.

Edit For 1911s $200 to $250 seems to be the floor price range.

Depreciate in what way....?
Dollar value does not always carry over to usage value or worthiness.

An inexpensive firearm that you own and shoot well with , may become priceless depending on the situation.

If all you are looking at is dollar value...
Can't help you none there.
In my experience ....guns in general are a poor investment dollar wise.

Most gun guys are cheap...as in wanting something for nothing.
The gun market is fickle...
Most commonly seen firearms ....are just that...commonly seen..and therefore lots to chose from pricewise.
Rare , unique , collectible firearms...may get you some money , but it takes time and the right buyer.
Andy

History shows every gun can be priceless under the right conditions. The current market sees guns at a low value. One riot at any moment can see it turn around overnight.

I'm not excluded. I've been wrapped up in the early 2000s madness. Paid way too much for a pistol I didn't want but was happy to get.

Realistically a Highpoint because it doesn't have very far to fall from the beginning.
I am with you on this idea. I suspect there is an absolute floor for all semiautomatics that are operational. That floor might be around $50 given that this one hasn't sold yet. I tried to buy it but the seller couldn't justify trip to Tigard. I might try again and include a box of 9mm for his effort.

I will be the enabler... there are 9 of these lil' plastic pocket pistols going for $319.36 after the discount code 36DD is applied.
ui_goinbroke.png

I still maintain the inability to (legally) sell FTF has, and will continue to affect not only depreciation rates, but overall gun values as well.

Prices stay up because of FFL fees, traveling distances, shipping etc.

On another forum I am a member of a lot of the members live in states where FTF sales are still legal and the prices some report paying for used guns is considerably lower on average than what I see here.

Just for fun..

I did a search in the handgun section with a limit of $500. Being I'm not a plastic fantastic guy, the only items that sparked my interest were 22lr revolvers and snub nose 38 special revolvers. However, there wasn't anything that spoke to me to pry my $$$ out of my hands.

Desirability will vary from person to person, being we all have different taste and depth of our pocket book.

You are limiting yourself down the road if you need to sell something by looking at the bottom end. Same thing can be said about the high end of the spectrum. There are more middle of the road people than there is on the low and high end.

I view firearms as a tool not as an investment. I'm not saying one can't purchase a great tool for an economical price because the Classified are full of them right now.

I mean no disrespect in the above and hope it's not taken that way.
I guess I view firearms (in excess) as a "want" and not items that are necessary or need to serve an important purpose. They could be compared to nicknacks. Some people just like buying them and having them around. Firearms are my nicknacks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top