JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Being a big fan of firearms with interchangeable barrels, I am thinking about picking up a Bond Arms Derringer. If you have owned one, would you buy one again? What didn't you like about it, if anything?

Last Edited:
If you get one, find an early swappable 22LR and then have them make new barrels in other calibers.

They will not make a new 22LR barrel for a model in another caliber anymore.

I love the little buggers! I'm not in the market for the outrageous calibers as 45Colt/410 is plenty for me personally. Actually if I had a chance to fire a 45-70 I would like to try one. Well maybe not a full power load but maybe a trapdoor loading 😜 I've got a few calibers now in 45Colt/410, 357/38, and 9mm. The steel guns are fun to shoot. I do have some special light loads for 45Colt that are fun. The aluminum frame Stinger in 9mm will get your attention when you pull the trigger!!! 9mm without mass and recoil springs is quite snappy!

I owned a 357 barreled stainless BA derringer.
Very well built, feels like it'll last a lifetime and then some. It's basically a steel brick.

That being said, for its weight, the G19 I had (at the time, also sold) felt lighter and yielded more rounds.. other than novelty it didn't do it for me. To get my derringer fix I went with a super cheap 38spl that my lady has since taken as her own (for fun, not carry).

If I found one for the right price at a pawn shop say sub 200, I'd pick one up. But I don't think I'd get one at new prices again.

I have a couple. One is my "go to" driving firearm in a horizontal belt holster (snaps on/snaps off). Up close and personal hand cannon, more comfortable for longer drives, extremely easily accessible with almost no movement and packs enough smoke to give you time to retrieve your EDC.

I have quite a barrel collection in a wide assortment of calibers and lengths making it suitable for any number of practical uses.

Zero regrets. Love em!

One word of caution though is to be aware that older models may have an older style action (trigger, hammer, some innards). Reliable, but much more difficult to shoot. They'll do an action upgrade for you, but it'll run you $150 and have to send it into BA. Of course, they won't accept any shipments from any service other than fedex... so tack on another $75 just to send it to them.

Really just close quarter gut/snake guns, but they have their purpose and are quite fun to shoot.

[Not that the OP will see it... since I'm on his ignore list... but for others that may be interested] :D

I have a couple. One is my "go to" driving firearm in a horizontal belt holster (snaps on/snaps off). Up close and personal hand cannon, more comfortable for longer drives, extremely easily accessible with almost no movement and packs enough smoke to give you time to retrieve your EDC.

I have quite a barrel collection in a wide assortment of calibers and lengths making it suitable for any number of practical uses.

Zero regrets. Love em!

One word of caution though is to be aware that older models may have an older style action (trigger, hammer, some innards). Reliable, but much more difficult to shoot. They'll do an action upgrade for you, but it'll run you $150 and have to send it into BA. Of course, they won't accept any shipments from any service other than fedex... so tack on another $75 just to send it to them.

Really just close quarter gut/snake guns, but they have their purpose and are quite fun to shoot.

[Not that the OP will see it... since I'm on his ignore list... but for others that may be interested] :D
Well here this should fix it so he can see it. :D

Well here this should fix it so he can see it. :D
Quotes are blocked for appearing as well, but as he's stated before... he typically keeps two separate browsers open. One logged in and the other not... and can view posts from anyone on his ignore list... or others ignore lists he may be on.

It's all good. 🤣

I have 3 of them. The Blackjack in .45/.410 and 2 Snake Slayers, one in .45/.410 the other in .38/.357. All with 3.5" bbl. Picked all of them up last year. Haven't shot any .410 yet, but .45 Colt is a hoot to shoot.

Recently purchased a horizontal belt holster for driving but have yet to use it.

I like 'em. Wife does as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads