JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes..I have one for trade.. But..this isn't advertising..just an honest answer.. Without a doubt..a G19.. IF I was into 9mm.. Based on reliability..concealability..capacity..availability of gear..etc..etc..etc..

H&K usp 9

beretta 92

springfield xdm

CZ 75

SIG

why i wont buy a glock....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vceh44UK-8I"

and the fact the they NYPD were having problems with them

Defects in NYPD handguns [Glocks jamming]
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS ^ | Tuesday, August 20th, 2002 | BOB KAPPSTATTER and ALICE McQUILLAN

Posted on Friday, August 23, 2002 5:24:12 PM by archy

Defects in NYPD handguns

Half subject to jamming

By BOB KAPPSTATTER and ALICE McQUILLAN
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Tuesday, August 20th, 2002

More than half of the Police Department's handguns are subject to jam without warning, a potentially dangerous flaw that can leave the weapons as "useless as paperweights," police sources said. Although the jamming is rare, the NYPD has been concerned enough to order a recall of 24,000 semiautomatic Glock handguns so they can be refitted.

This problem affects the Glock Model 19S - the gun carried by about 60% of the department's 39,000 officers. The flaw, in which the shell casing fails to eject, has only arisen during practice and tests at the NYPD firing range, police officials say.

"Our studies have shown this to be a rare occurrence," said police spokesman Chief Michael Collins. "In the worst-case scenario...we estimated that this has happened only once in 450,000 times when fired."

However, during an actual gun battle in Brooklyn, two Emergency Service Unit officers reported that their Glocks failed. Collins said that after an investigation of the October 2000 incident, ballistics experts said whatever problem those guns had, it was not the jamming malfunction that is the subject of the current recall.

To correct the problem, the Austrian-based Glock company has sent engineers to the NYPD's firing range at Rodmans Neck in the Bronx. Since June, they have repaired 3,200 weapons in a procedure that takes about an hour. Immediately afterward, officers tested the refitted weapons at the range, where the results have been excellent, Collins said. The process will continue until all 24,000 Glocks are fixed, he said.

There is a delay in fixing all the weapons, sources said, because cutbacks and the redeployment of officers to special details have made it difficult for cops to schedule time to have their guns repaired.

Sources also said that some of the Glocks have a different problem - locking. When a gun locks, a user can get it functioning again by removing the clip holding the ammunition and manually moving the slide to eject the stuck shell casing.

In that scenario, the source said, "You can be back in the gun battle in a matter of seconds, as opposed to the total jam where the guns become [as] useless as paperweights."

i will primarily be plinking ,and i will also carry when hunting,and it will probably live under the bed

Well--That narrows things down!:s0114:

If you like a DA/SA gun, there is Sig, Hk, Beretta, and my favorite CZ.

In a "safe action" type gun, Glock (17 or 19), S&W M&P and Springfield XD

There are a few single actions out there, and a well tuned 9mm 1911
is a true joy, but they are few and far between and not cheap.

Certainly not a complete list, just the ones I'm familiar with.

You just want something that goes bang? Don't overlook the Hi-Point.

There are literally hundreds of 9mm models out there. Do you have
a range near you that rents guns? It's a cheap way to try out a few.

The more info you give out the narrower the field becomes. Small or large
hands? $200 budget or $2000?

kaboom.jpg

glock4.jpg

lol i had reservations about the glock before dan147 comments and pics,the cz does interest me,and the hi-point just does not feel right at all,good pricing,but i dont think i want to live with it

I'll be buying an H&K USP 9 SD or P30L soon. I appreciate that you can go to the Clackamas Sheriff's training center and try several different guns.

Having done that, Im surprised anyone buys a gun without trying something close to it first.

I'll be buying an H&K USP 9 SD or P30L soon. I appreciate that you can go to the Clackamas Sheriff's training center and try several different guns.

Having done that, Im surprised anyone buys a gun without trying something close to it first.

really,i have not heard about this,is it open to general public???

Call up Coctailer and get a XDM.

Thesse things are SWEET!

At least check one out before you decide. I got to play around with one of the .40's when they first came out and boy were they sweet.

Also Springfield's CS is abosolutley amazing, they are more than eager to take care of you at the drop of a hat:D

Of course I may be biased because I am in love with most of their products:eek:

Cack

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews