JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most robberies occur in the morning after you are spotted leaving for work. Most criminals don't want to take any risks of running into a homeowner, unless their is big money in the purpose.

Home invasions are very rare, robbers thinking the homeowners are gone or a meth head that is driven by a blinding need for cash to get a fix.

I use a sightless safe with a red light in it so it won't effect my night vision. In it is a 9mm Springfield xdm for my wife and a Kimber 45 and a Ruger 357 for myself. I prefer my Benelli M4 however for home defense.

Last Edited:
Red Ryder BB gun on the TV cabinet by the door. Nasty big switchblade in the knifestand along with a very bright flash lite.

Other then that I ain't telling. And if you come over late at night without an invite you might not be either.

Dachshund by the bed, Dobermann by the door, Colt on the nightstand, CZ82 at the foot of the bed, CZ85 by the computer, rifle by the front door, CZ52 in the hall tree box, Win 87 against the wall, another rifle in the bedroom closet....and a few more we won't talk about....all loaded with extras next to them.

Want to try break into my place???? :)

Untill last night if it wasn't on my hip it went in the little pitol safe due to small kids.

At 3am this morning 3 guys kicked in the door 3 doors down from me.
Two armed with pistols and the third with a shotgun.
They zip tied everyone in the house and robbed them. :eek:

Not cool at all.
Not much time to be fiddling with a safe.
I am going to get those mag locks for when it's not in a holster.
I just got a .357 for the wife as well.
A lot more in the way of security is going to be implemented as well.

Old fashion maybe, but we raised 5 kids, if the were not on the breast, they were not in our bedroom...ever! My old Colt (SA/DA) revolver has alway been on my nightstand, loaded and ready to go...kids were allowed to touch when we were not with them....but they ONLY were allowed to touch when we were with them...and were allowed to shoot (supervised) as soon as they expressed interest.

Our oldest daughter just visited us, and we had a discussion about kids (her's) and guns....seems I miffed my granddaughter (18) by restricting her shooting while allowing another graddaughter (13) unlimited access...long story but the short of it is...My 18 year old lives in TX, and I have not worked with her, the 13 year old lives in Arlington, and see her at least once a month...her mom says, yes, they have worked with her, and she knows my rules, even if she hasn't been here but once a year,,because my daughter has the same rules...they work!

Anytime a child wants to shoot,,,we go shoot...otherwise, do not touch. If you touch, next time you want to shoot, we will not go out. Worked for me. (and works my daughters). Never make a firearm a mystery and you will not have problems...I DO NOT Care if they only 2 or three years old,,,,no mysteries to investigate, noproblems to recover from!

I keep it in a drawer that has a child resistant magnet lock. The magnet "key" is closeby for quick access, but unless you knew where to get it, you couldn't open the drawer. Granted, the drawer could be easily forced open, but not by a child.

Cool. I keep mine in a box with one of those door alarm things in it, so when you open it the alarm goes off. But I think I like your idea better.

Untill last night if it wasn't on my hip it went in the little pitol safe due to small kids.

At 3am this morning 3 guys kicked in the door 3 doors down from me.
Two armed with pistols and the third with a shotgun.
They zip tied everyone in the house and robbed them. :eek:

Not cool at all.
Not much time to be fiddling with a safe.
I am going to get those mag locks for when it's not in a holster.
I just got a .357 for the wife as well.
A lot more in the way of security is going to be implemented as well.

Where's the don't like button?
WOW,that's some scary stuff there brother.

I just thought of this and it may be stupid but I'll throw it out there for all y'alls anyway.

How about a trigger lock and one of those bracelets that the people at the stores wear? Would it come off you wrist at night? Would it be bothersome enough you would throw it in your sleep?
That way the gun would be locked ,but the key would be handy

I keep my wrist rocket and a bag of extra large marshmallows at the ready,have you ever been hit in the eye with a large marshmallow shot out of a slingshot?... it really hurts.

The house perimeter alarm is always set at night, Colt 1911 in condition one under the pillow. If the screaming alarm doesn't scare them off then they have a problem. My neighbors are Anti-gun and have no guns. I promise not to defend their home or property with mine, so they are a softer target than I am.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top