JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On your body is a start…..

doesn't answer the question but thanks.
This is THE BEST answer though. Guns left in cars have a really healthy tendency (with plenty of historical data to demonstrate such) of being guns stolen during a car break in.

If you are not leaving it in the car and are just moving it from your body to the car and back to your body again when you exit the car, then I'd say let's not overcomplicate the matter and just leave it on your body, but that wasn't the vibe I was getting from the post.

OP
If you don't want to carry a gun on your person , just plan on not having a gun if you ever actually need it.

here-endeth-the-lesson-300x253-1.jpg

There was a another thread that talking magents as alternatives but I wear on body and if I wear a jacket I unzip the jacket sp I can easily draw when I am sitting in my car. I did buy a car holster that I can use but if a have car crash by pistol will most likely go flying so I an on body holster now.

I have a 2022 Forester and wanted to know where the best place to put a small handgun would be, for emergency self defense purposes. I originally thought it could go on the right side where your knee is, but then i realized there are airbags there. Any suggestions? I'd be putting it in a hard holster and sticking it somewhere i could get to quickly without it interfering with any airbags or safety stuff.
Generally speaking mounting a gun as you describe isn't a great idea for a number of reasons. If you're leaving the gun in the vehicle, it's pretty easy to steal. If you're carrying it in a holster on your person and transitioning it to the in-car holster, you increase the risk of a negligent discharge because the trigger will be constantly exposed. You may have to step out of your vehicle before an altercation occurs, in which case your gun isn't on you when you need it. If you're in a car accident that gun is going to turn into a projectile, which means either you get injured by it or it goes out the window where it would be found by some random person. The list goes on and on. That's why most firearm instructors recommend keeping the weapon on your person at all times. Then it's always in your direct control and ready to be deployed when needed. You can train around seatbelts and other in-vehicle obstructions.

All that being said, the center console safe is probably the least bad of the available options. You can orient the grip of the weapon upward so drawing is relatively easy, and you can secure it when not in use by closing and locking the safe lid. Not something I would do, or that I would recommend others do, but if you're adamant about having a weapon in your vehicle that is not in your person, I would be hard pressed to think of better options.

No offense but guns and Foresters typically don't mix. Generally totally different types of people, but all are welcome here :p
Subarus are great off-road vehicles. They just have a stereotype that leans to the lesbian crowd. Lol.

Subarus are great off-road vehicles. They just have a stereotype that leans to the lesbian crowd. Lol.
Hey now, only certain models of Subarus, hence my carefully worded response. Don't let the STI or WRX crowd know your overall views as they may take their "Perfection" pistols out and do some damage!!!

Even a LOT of the formerly anti gun people are starting to see the light now and buying and learning to shoot. One thing the left has been real good at is wining more converts to owning guns. The left full support of scum is creating a lot of new victims who tend to see the world in a new light after a close call.

Hey now, only certain models of Subarus, hence my carefully worded response. Don't let the STI or WRX crowd know your overall views as they may take their "Perfection" pistols out and do some damage!!!
I had a WRX for awhile until all the vape smoking/white-boy wanna be thugs took over the scene. Lol.

Even a LOT of the formerly anti gun people are starting to see the light now and buying and learning to shoot. One thing the left has been real good at is wining more converts to owning guns. The left full support of scum is creating a lot of new victims who tend to see the world in a new light after a close call.
They own guns but still vote for the people who want to take them away…. Not exactly a win.

They own guns but still vote for the people who want to take them away…. Not exactly a win.
Sadly yes but baby steps. There is a LOT of gun owners who vote against their rights at every election. You see a lot of it here. Nothing turns around 180 over night. A lot of people that were the kind to vote D without looking are starting to see this is a mistake. Does not mean they are going to go the opposite way in one election but they are waking up. I have taught a few openly anti gun, dyed in the wool lefties to shoot and helped them buy a gun over the years. I am never going to throw in the towel and give up. All we can do is keep trying to get more people to see the light and hope more of them do before it gets worse. One thing the left is doing to help is turning every place they run to a crap hole. Enough pain felt, many finally start to vote against it.

Sadly yes but baby steps. There is a LOT of gun owners who vote against their rights at every election. You see a lot of it here. Nothing turns around 180 over night. A lot of people that were the kind to vote D without looking are starting to see this is a mistake. Does not mean they are going to go the opposite way in one election but they are waking up. I have taught a few openly anti gun, dyed in the wool lefties to shoot and helped them buy a gun over the years. I am never going to throw in the towel and give up. All we can do is keep trying to get more people to see the light and hope more of them do before it gets worse. One thing the left is doing to help is turning every place they run to a crap hole. Enough pain felt, many finally start to vote against it.
My "hope" to see change in this country is dwindling day by day. I think we will see a complete collapse before any kind of growth as a nation.

I was always the 1987 wagon guy with 4hi/4low for mushroom picking and running the dogs around in...yes the gun was on my hip!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top