JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How about something like this?

1697510150698.png

How about something like this?

View attachment 1742201
I've never seen these mounts, these look really good. Looks like I have a couple of my vehicles to order for.

The real question is why are you so adamant about having the gun attached/stowed in the vehicle rather than having it on your person?

Are you guys carrying gun out in a iwb/owb holster then putting it in a car holster then back to an iwb /owb when you exit vehicle? Or carrying gun out of house in a bag or something?

Seems like a bad idea but it ain't none of my business.

I have a 2022 Forester and wanted to know where the best place to put a small handgun would be, for emergency self defense purposes. I originally thought it could go on the right side where your knee is, but then i realized there are airbags there. Any suggestions? I'd be putting it in a hard holster and sticking it somewhere i could get to quickly without it interfering with any airbags or safety stuff.
From my reading of Oregon Revised Statue 166.250, Sections 1 through 5 - you would need to have an Oregon Concealed Handgun license to carry a loaded handgun tucked away in a mounted holster - as proposed by the OP.

You can carry it on your belt in plain view and that's considered "open-carry" (Section 3).

Here's a link to the statute: https://oregon.public.law/statutes/ors_166.250

Cheers

From my reading of Oregon Revised Statue 166.250, Sections 1 through 5 - you would need to have an Oregon Concealed Handgun license to carry a loaded handgun tucked away in a mounted holster - as proposed by the OP.

You can carry it on your belt in plain view and that's considered "open-carry" (Section 3).

Here's a link to the statute: https://oregon.public.law/statutes/ors_166.250

Cheers
Depending on the county/city you can only open carry a loaded firearm if you have a CHL.

The solution is get a CHL and carry as you wish. But the CHL is CAN be essential.

Not familiar with the layout of a forester myself, but I've had great experiences with the Lockdown brand magnets. I have these in both of my trucks and in my wife's suburban as well. They fit into a lot of places well, can be attached with either the provided adhesive or screws, and have a lot of hold. Zero problems holding heavy pistols in place while traveling bumpy roads, I frequently use it with full sized 1911's and they've never fallen off.
Another option I've seen but haven't tried personally... We The People holsters makes a pretty slick mount that works with I believe all of their holsters

20231016_203401.jpg 20231016_203333.jpg Screenshot_20231016_203037_Photos.jpg 20200821_130310.jpg Screenshot_20231016_204448_Chrome.jpg

HEY you bunch of godless heathens, .my Nana drives a forester...... if you have a CHL get a soft uncle mikes holster, or similar, cut the metal clip off and stuff the holster and gun between your seat and arm rest, kinda where the blue dots are.you will have fast instant access to it while operating your motor car... just dont forget to take it with you when you leave the car

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 8.49.46 PM.png

HEY you bunch of godless heathens, .my Nana drives a forester...... if you have a CHL get a soft uncle mikes holster, or similar, cut the metal clip off and stuff the holster and gun between your seat and arm rest, kinda where the blue dots are.you will have fast instant access to it while operating your motor car... just dont forget to take it with you when you leave the car

View attachment 1742252
That's where I stash my XDM40 in my IWB holster in the Outback when I'm wearing sweatpants, generally in winter. It hasn't scratched the plastic console yet but eventually will at some point.

Sadly yes but baby steps. There is a LOT of gun owners who vote against their rights at every election. You see a lot of it here. Nothing turns around 180 over night. A lot of people that were the kind to vote D without looking are starting to see this is a mistake. Does not mean they are going to go the opposite way in one election but they are waking up. I have taught a few openly anti gun, dyed in the wool lefties to shoot and helped them buy a gun over the years. I am never going to throw in the towel and give up. All we can do is keep trying to get more people to see the light and hope more of them do before it gets worse. One thing the left is doing to help is turning every place they run to a crap hole. Enough pain felt, many finally start to vote against it.
The democratic gun owner is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. On the one hand they recognize the value of being armed...at least at some level. But they're still so indoctrinated that they can't help but vote for their team...which is constantly trying to disarm them.

It doesn't make much sense.

But I tend to think these people are a quarter to half way of being red pilled. They're at least closer to it than the anti gun dems. There's at least more hope that these people will see the light than their vehemently antigun counterparts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top