JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Untill last night if it wasn't on my hip it went in the little pitol safe due to small kids.

At 3am this morning 3 guys kicked in the door 3 doors down from me.
Two armed with pistols and the third with a shotgun.
They zip tied everyone in the house and robbed them. :eek:

Not cool at all.
Not much time to be fiddling with a safe.
I am going to get those mag locks for when it's not in a holster.
I just got a .357 for the wife as well.
A lot more in the way of security is going to be implemented as well.

My Kriss sits on top of the nightstand. So all I have to do is sit up, grab and fire. lol.
Colt is sitting on other nightstand. My dog roams the rest of the house at night and will bark if anyone comes in.

My wifes P11 is in the nightstand drawer and the Mossy 290 12 ga. Tactical is next to my side of the bed. If the (3) dogs bark my wife grabs the pistol and goes into the bathroom, locks the door, stays in the bathtub with the pistol aimed at the door (She has a CCW and is a retired USAF MSgt). Meanwhile I roll out of bed and grab the Mossy and aim it at the bedroom door. Calling 911 and protected by a King Size Waterbed ... We have had this plan in place for over a year. :)

My carry weapon sleeps in a Gun Vault on top of my night stand (wife hates that it doesn't match the bed spread :D ) My EDC mag pouch rests on top of the small vault and is kept from falling off by a rare earth magnet. Right next to the vault is one of my Surefires and my cell phone.

.38 J Frame snub on bed's under-cabinet, hard to see but quick to get to. Considering loading and placing the old twelve bore ready to hand.

No others living here, and no significant critters... so no danger to other small people in finding them. Thinking of a Velcro relocation for the snub, or perhaps another pistol, probably a .40. It would be out of normal sight, yet ready to hand when I want it. Loaded mag and chambered round, most likely. Lots of "stuff" lying about, so someone unfamiliar with the place (nearly anyone, then) would have to look long and hard to locate any weapons. Everything else in one of the gunsafes..... too small, too cheap, but that's what I've got for now.

I met a guy who has a bed holster, which seems like hte most practical option. I am thinking of getting one of those.. Until then, my guns are sitting on my dresser..

Some good advice.. If you don't have fort knox security or a security system, put a chair under your door handle so that if someone is ttryhing to get into your room while sleeping, he will make enough noise to wake you. Your gun on your nightstand doesn;'t do much good if the intruder is holding it and point it at you.

I am going to be living in a crowded area. I plan on getting frangible ammo and having my AR-15 loaded and ready right next to my bed.. arms reach.

Untill last night if it wasn't on my hip it went in the little pitol safe due to small kids.

At 3am this morning 3 guys kicked in the door 3 doors down from me.
Two armed with pistols and the third with a shotgun.
They zip tied everyone in the house and robbed them. :eek:

Not cool at all.
Not much time to be fiddling with a safe.
I am going to get those mag locks for when it's not in a holster.
I just got a .357 for the wife as well.
A lot more in the way of security is going to be implemented as well.

Looks like this is the story: <broken link removed>

I think I will start keeping the mag in and one in the chamber.

Looks like this is the story: <broken link removed>

I think I will start keeping the mag in and one in the chamber.

My plan is based on this style of home invasion. I'll erase their visages with 00 buckshot on sight, no warnings. I have several nice ambush points in my hallway. I'll aim for the face to bypass any body armor. The 6 rds in the gun plus 6 on the Sidesaddle should do the trick. If not then I'll recourse to the BHP

Handgun is kept in handgun safe, under nightstand. It opens with the touch of my hand.
I don't have to worry about the grandkids or where did I put it.

Figure I'll have plenty of time as they first have to get past our 140lb Bullmastiff.

His name is Brinks -- our home security system. Thinking of getting a female and naming her Rolex, as they are expensive watch (!) dogs... heh heh

All firearms are in the safe at night, locked up tight. Takes a bit longer to get to them, but anyone coming through our windows/doors at night is going to meet our German Shepherd Dog, so that should provide me time to open the safe, and determine the proper tool for the job.

"Okay, should I grab the Glock 19, or should I grab the shotgun, or maybe the AR-15......"

Glock 23 with CTC laser and Surefire X200 goes on the bed pointed towards the door.

I'm a light sleeper and I have an alarm system, video surveillance system, and proximity alarms. Also my property is lit at night.

My plan is based on this style of home invasion. I'll erase their visages with 00 buckshot on sight, no warnings. I have several nice ambush points in my hallway. I'll aim for the face to bypass any body armor. The 6 rds in the gun plus 6 on the Sidesaddle should do the trick. If not then I'll recourse to the BHP

From the sound of things around here, you want to shoot to kill just so you don't get sued for injuries.

So sad that is the way things are.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads