JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to know where you keep your firearm at night.

Do you keep it in a drawer next to your side of the bed, or Do you lock it up in a pistol safe near by so you have to activate your safe to open the door to access your fire arm. Just curious:) Thanks for any and all input...OK maybe not all input. cheers

I keep it in a drawer that has a child resistant magnet lock. The magnet "key" is closeby for quick access, but unless you knew where to get it, you couldn't open the drawer. Granted, the drawer could be easily forced open, but not by a child.

wife's g26 is on her dresser, my g17 is on my dresser accompanied by whatever lighted M4 i happen to have delegated to HD... currently a 10.5 sbr.. in condition 1. with extra magazines for all.

thats pretty much just how it evolved, no real planning went into it. the wife used to make me keep everything locked up- the 556s were kept in the safe condition 1 and i had a couple pistols in a Gun Vault next to the bed.. but i finally put my foot down and explained to her that her irrational fears did not trump my responsibility to protect this house and family. i haven't had any complaints since.

No pistol. I have my shotgun in a very ready position. I don't keep it loaded though. So In a pinch I'd probably just use my rifle which I can load within 3 seconds. I figure if I need it faster than that, then whatever my target is, will probably be getting a knife to the jugular.

Mine is in the plastic case mixed in with some books on the shelf on my nightstand. I figure, if someone breaks in at least the gun won't be super obvious.

I have a second holstern for my P11 CCW velcro'd to the underside of the night stand next to the bed. The night stand has a 1" thick fascia that hangs down and makes it so you cannot see it--you would have to physically feel for it with your hand to find it.

Probably not the safest place but I don't have a nightstand so it is under my mattress with safety on, mag ejected and a clear chamber.

There are no children in the house so that is not a concern and my cat will jump on the bed and start growling if anyone so little as knocks on my door so I have plenty of time to lock n load.

He is a very good guard cat.

Unfortunately it is only a P22, saving up for my P99.

If you are going to keep such a dangerous animal in the house, you should get a sign warning possible intruders...

When you upgrade your P22, are you going to trade in your cat for a dog or a tiger? :s0155:

Bedside table at night. Honestly, I think that's one of the greatest things about night sites on my guns. They may or may not be very useful at night while shooting, but they sure make finding it on the night stand in the dark easy!

On dresser within arms reach. Phone is closest as I use that for my alarm clock. Action is locked back with mag locked in place.

Oh and we have a touch sensitive lamp on the headboard. Easy to fumble around and turn on.

I have a Blackhawk fanny pack hanging on the doorknob, which is right next to my bed. Browning Hi Power 40 cal with two reloads, a folder knife, Scorpion flashlight and cellphone. It's set so that I can just grab it and toss it crossdraw over my shoulders for a right hand draw

Then I'll pick up the loaded 18 inch Mossberg 500 leaning in the corner behind the door :D

Wife has her safe room right across the hall, at the end of the hall. She is to lock it and do the dial thing. She has a loaded mini 14 and her M65 S & W

You no wanna break in, here

Bedside table at night. Honestly, I think that's one of the greatest things about night sites on my guns. They may or may not be very useful at night while shooting, but they sure make finding it on the night stand in the dark easy!

+1 on tritium. All of our long guns have them too, including my shotguns

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads