JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a 2022 Forester and wanted to know where the best place to put a small handgun would be, for emergency self defense purposes. I originally thought it could go on the right side where your knee is, but then i realized there are airbags there. Any suggestions? I'd be putting it in a hard holster and sticking it somewhere i could get to quickly without it interfering with any airbags or safety stuff.

doesn't answer the question but thanks.
Off body in the car is not fast or efficient and can turn into a flying projectile if involved in a vehicle accident.

If it's being left in the car unattended then lock it up.

Just my opinion… you're free to do as you wish.

Not having that car did you try searching for that model and one of the MANY locking consoles? There has been a huge upswing of people who carry last many years and this lead to a lot of nice ideas made to fit certain vehicles. Center console deals and such made for a certain vehicle. Leaving in the vehicle is of course never a good idea but it the real world I do have to now and then. For me a locking box bolted in the back is used but this is of course NOT something to use for fast. One thing to try is walk up to your car and open the door. Now try to think like some scum drug addict looking for stuff to grab. What do you see? Most of these guys are not going to spend a lot of time. They are mainly looking for quick grab. I have seen deals to mount under the dash say, where the gun can't be seen without actually getting down low and knowing its there but can be grabbed by driver. Does your vehicle offer a place like this maybe?

Never actually handled one of those but I have to "guess" you could leave it unlocked while you were driving? Just lock it if you have to get out of the vehicle for something? I mean still not ideal but far better than under the seat sitting on the floor.
I don't trust myself to always remember to lock/unlock something. My luck I would need it and forget I locked it. I'll never be an advocate for off the body carry.

It's much safer/faster/easier to keep it on my body.

Put it right here
Screenshot_20231016_172817.jpg

I don't trust myself to always remember to lock/unlock something. My luck I would need it and forget I locked it. I'll never be an advocate for off the body carry.

It's much safer/faster/easier to keep it on my body.
I hear you there and its not for me but, many will carry and just leave it under the seat or in the center console and such. Seems a lot of stolen guns end up getting grabbed this way. So if someone is going to use the car to carry it would at least give them a way to try to make taking the gun a little harder. Not too long ago here some LEO had his AR stolen out of his personal owned car that if i remember right was not locked up at all. Just siting in the car in a case. :(

I hear you there and its not for me but, many will carry and just leave it under the seat or in the center console and such. Seems a lot of stolen guns end up getting grabbed this way. So if someone is going to use the car to carry it would at least give them a way to try to make taking the gun a little harder. Not too long ago here some LEO had his AR stolen out of his personal owned car that if i remember right was not locked up at all. Just siting in the car in a case. :(
Well people are stupid. That includes LE.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top