JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If everything goes to pieces...will it really be that bad? Maybe I am nuts, but everytime I see one of these movies where a bunch punk rockers in Mohawks are running down cars on the highway, I can't help but get a woody thinking about it....

Wheeler44, the only alcohol that yeast can make is ethanol, the happy-sunset stuff. Methanol, the you'll-go-blind stuff, is produced by destructive distillation of organic material like wood. There are traces of other alcohols present in some wines, like isoamyl alcohol ("fusel oil") in plum wine, but they're generally happystuff, too.

The white dust on your plums might not be all that bad a yeast for making plum wine; likewise the native yeast on your grapes may generate a wine of passable quality. Will it make an award-winning vintage? Not likely. Will it add color to your sunsets? Most definitely.

Wheeler44, the only alcohol that yeast can make is ethanol, the happy-sunset stuff. Methanol, the you'll-go-blind stuff, is produced by destructive distillation of organic material like wood. There are traces of other alcohols present in some wines, like isoamyl alcohol ("fusel oil") in plum wine, but they're generally happystuff, too.

The white dust on your plums might not be all that bad a yeast for making plum wine; likewise the native yeast on your grapes may generate a wine of passable quality. Will it make an award-winning vintage? Not likely. Will it add color to your sunsets? Most definitely.

I'm happier already...Thanks....I might just try some "open" fermentation this summer..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top