JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0155:Im hoping I can pull a 2012 movie stunt & fly my plane away, then drop it for gas then fly it again :) :s0114::s0114:

But seriously, I dont even have a bug out bag........I do have 1/2 of an AR though...If that can help save me........I think you know who I got that from :)

I'm likely bugging IN unless / until I cannot hold here any longer. I have food, water, firearms, and at least know the lay of the land a little bit. I would prefer to move out of my city home to something more sustainable / defensible, but even here is better than trying to bug out to the woods. I suspect whatever locals in whatever woods I would live in would have the upper hand.

Now, it's always possible I could bug out to a family enclave, but I currently have no plans for that.

I personally think that too much emphasis is placed on "bugging out" plans. I personally have very little in the way of plans regarding fleeing a disaster. I do have a "survival pack" in my car. I do not call it a BOB because that is not what I consider to be the most likely use of it. I feel I am most likely to use it if ever away from home and stranded or lost and needing to survive a short period away from home or civilization.

In the event of a major societal melt down, I feel bugging out will not be a very practical solution. I feel I will be much better served staying put and possibly banding together with friends and family. There is great power in numbers. Twenty eyes, ears, and fists are much better than two. I have always said that if things went bad I would rather have ten guns (in the hands of ten allies) on my side with one hundred rounds each than being on my own with one gun with one thousand rounds.

Well, I'm bugged in, as of a few years ago.

I'll never forget the day my wife looked at me over the top

Of her glasses, and said

"The days of you moving me around like a suitcase

From job to job are done."

So it is building good gardening dirt,

Heirloom seeds,

And supplies of every flavor,

Needless to say on a limited budget,

So you got to slice the dollars mighty fine.

isher

Hard cider? How difficult is it to make? Someone needs to start a SHTF brewing guide. Maybe I'll work on that this summer. All the shooting of zombies is liable to make a man thirsty...

I hate seeing good apples go to waste... I mean c'mon there is only so much pie you can eat.... Mmmmmmm..... Piiiiiieeee.....

+1 on the NWFA official SHTF brewing guide

As for me, well I am headed to the ranch to meet up with the other 20 fists, eyes and ears.

SF-

Hard cider? How difficult is it to make?
Add champagne yeast to apple juice...ferment ...rack...ferment....freeze..when still slushy pour the hard cider from the frozen juice and enjoy them purty sunsets.

edit to add;
As for me, well I am headed to the ranch to meet up with the other 20 fists, eyes and ears.
Since you'll be walkin' right by the casa de wheeler44...You're welcome to stop for refreshment and a sunset....

Edit to add; Sorry that is the recipe for "Applejack" a kind of cold distilled brandy....for hard cider just keep racking until fermentation stops and the cider is clear....

Staying put in the fortress. Have an ongoing project of replacing ornamental landscape with edible landscape. Planting a few apple trees and various berries this year (already have plenty of wild blackberries). Have wine-making supplies. So why would I even consider bugging out? :wine:

It encourages me that more and more people are recognizing the developing situation and are preparing themselves accordingly. As things deteriorate bit by bit I think the "prepared" (for example many people on this board) will draw closer together for mutual support.

Don't know how things will play out, but I believe the most likely SHTF scenario will be economic; something akin to the Argentina situation. In that case staying put, and working closely with like-minded and capable people in one's area is the way to go. Life goes on, but it becomes much more difficult.

Zombies , or total collapse with resultant foreign troops (i.e. "Patriots"), won't happen (Europe has as much or more problems than we do). But... but... if something like that were to go down I would likely be on the last wagon train out.

Ya know, I wonder how difficult it would be to build a still? If it truly does become TEOTWAWKI I'm goinna want plenty of hard liquor!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top