JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...when I don't wear a belt the holster comes out with the gun about 10% of the time.
That's common with any carry position. A sturdy belt (doesn't have to have a steel core or be stupidly stiff) is necessary as a foundation for any carry rig.

I've caught myself clipping on a gun/holster combo for a short trip to the mailbox and knew it was a mistake as I was doing it... but I did it anyway.

When I'm out and about the very first people I disregard as potental armed threats are the F-tards walking around in sweatpants and pajamas.

My thoughts on it...whatever you decide, work with it so it works in harmony with how you operate day to day.

I've seen some very good work with that position. titzonritz comes to mind as he used it during my 2 day Run the Gun Pistol class last weekend.

I know some ranges and schools won't allow them, I'm not that way. We all have the same parts, anatomically speaking, but how we are able to use them differs with each of us. So use what works for you.

Some don't like the thought of running a pistol cocked and locked, I'm good with that. My main focus has always been efficiency with what you carry.

I think AIWB carry is perfectly acceptable so long as you are absolutely sure that your firearm will not be able to go off from clothing or holster and what not.

Google Glock appendix carry discharge.

Guy has a modified Glock and as he inserts the pistol into his holster the trigger goes click. Eeeks!:eek:

I think AIWB carry is perfectly acceptable so long as you are absolutely sure that your firearm will not be able to go off from clothing or holster and what not.

Google Glock appendix carry discharge.

Guy has a modified Glock and as he inserts the pistol into his holster the trigger goes click. Eeeks!:eek:

If one is going to modify a Glock, it behooves one to confirm it is still drop safe upon completion, not rocket surgery, not doing so is one of those little Darwin tests.

I have rotator cuff problems in my right shoulder that have made carrying at 4:00 not possible .
Now I'm looking into AIWB.
Looking at Crossbreeds Freedom holster as my next one to try out .
I like the Supertuck that I have so I'll give that one a whirl .

That's common with any carry position. A sturdy belt (doesn't have to have a steel core or be stupidly stiff) is necessary as a foundation for any carry rig.

I've caught myself clipping on a gun/holster combo for a short trip to the mailbox and knew it was a mistake as I was doing it... but I did it anyway.

When I'm out and about the very first people I disregard as potental armed threats are the F-tards walking around in sweatpants and pajamas.
But only if they're not wearing a hoodie :eek:

Now I'm looking into AIWB. Looking at Crossbreeds Freedom holster as my next one to try out .

Just bought a Crossbreed holster for my little Beretta Nano. Added a laser and needed an "upgrade".

crossbreedholster001.PNG

I have rotator cuff problems in my right shoulder that have made carrying at 4:00 not possible .
Now I'm looking into AIWB.
Looking at Crossbreeds Freedom holster as my next one to try out .
I like the Supertuck that I have so I'll give that one a whirl .

I have had multiple assorted injuries in varying degrees of healing and severity, as such I have multiple left and right hand versions of the same holsters, AIWB and strong-side. I train with all and carry which ever hurts the least on any giving day. Pain and I old friends. So I know where you are coming from.

It was actually on the mend and not giving me much grief.
Then I got the Sig M11 and a nice leather Galco OWB to compliment it.
Stiff new holster and a 4:00 draw didn't go well and brought it screaming back to life.
My left shoulder is sorta healed and I don't want to get that one fired up again. One at a time please..
If both shoulders go down it'll put my wife's love to the test when I holler out.. Honey... I need a hand and ya might want to bring some matches with you:oops:

I bought a cheap holster not made for AIWB just to see if the position and draw was feasible.
Other than the obvious need to practice with it, it seems like a good match for now as long as I can get a comfortable holster for it.

It is just different, your body is not use it. It is NOT a carry method one can simply toss on and be GTG. It requires a lot dedication to play with it until that sweet spot is found.
Yeah well at 3 0 clock I don't have to look for a "sweet spot", it just works, same like when I throw on a shoulder holster on underneath a coat just disappears until needed. I don't think AWIB works as well when you are 155 soaking wet and 5'9", I literally don't have any meat there, I can conceal a 380 AIWB but not much else without serious printing issues and it being extremely uncomfortable especially if I have to move around much.

That would fine if all I wanted to carry was a .380, but I prefer to carry a more powerful pistol with a higher ammunition capacity.

Appendix carry? Do you have a death wish? No way. Even with an empty chamber no way. You will eventually forget. Do you want to shoot your balls off? Shoot through a big artery and just have time to realize and understand that you have just killed yourself? Yikes!!

Generally carry Iwb lefty at about 8 o clock.
Have considered appendix carry, and have not ruled it out.
For mobilitys sake, if you have to do anything that requires much bending, it seems more problematic than standard IWB. For concealment, it is far superior.
Also, while I understand most AGDs are user induced, some aren't, and I do feel more comfortable running the risk of potentially taking a bullet graze to the buttcheek than shooting off my wiener, as well as the potential to open any variety of the multiple arteries that run through that area.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top