JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sure, it's a re-hash well-done here, but one of those subjects that just won't die.

One of many videos I recently watched....

Me, it's about the only way I carry. After a couple years of daily carry, just seems to work for me.

frankEDCappendixcarry001_medium.JPG

What's your opinion about AIWB (appendix carry)?

In a non-permissible environment where concealment is the number one factor and with an actual fighting gun (not talking mouse gun here), I would not consider carrying any other method.

Okay, for those that can't differentiate literal vs figuratively, how about 1 o'clock carry?

How about 11 o'clock carry?

I'm a fan. And there has been an enormous number of people who have migrated to it. It's too bad we don't have any type of data on preferred carry method because it would be interesting to see what percentage of carriers do so at AIWB. It wouldn't surprise me if the number was 50%.

I'm always some where between 4 and 5 o-clock no matter what I carry and it's IWB. Outside of that, if it's winter time, it's in a shoulder rig. Not a fan of Appendix Carry, I don't want my bang bang pointed at my bang bang!:D:p

Appendix carry I find very uncomfortable for any reasonable length of time with a handgun Glock 19 size or larger, also I can't conceal as well there.
I find IWB and OWB holsters much more comfortable in the 3 o clock position,OWB I find more comfortable but IWB conceal most pistols for me better.
Shoulder holsters are my favorite though comfortable to wear all day and you can conceal pretty much anything in the winter months,also easier to draw if you had to while in a vehicle or while otherwise seated.

If it works for you, who cares what anyone else thinks? Carry and train from that mode of carry and you're golden.

Perfect answer here in the above quote.
You need to carry the way that is best for you and your situation....which will mean spending both time and money in holsters , belts , wardrobe changes , carrying methods and lots of practice in finding out what that is , to you.

Short answer:
If you keep your finger off the trigger as you draw and or re holster / return to carry position , you should be fine with most firearms.
Its those words If , Should and Most that can be problematic....
Andy

LOL, cracks me up people worried about shooting themselves. I never thought it was a good idea and ruled it out long before I carried AIWB, now that I do carry that way it never made me feel like a self-induced lead magnet.

There was a video floating around where a guy drew from AIWB and IWB with a laser equipped pistol to illustrate which method is more likely to flag individual making the presentation. It was very telling and I would say if you're concerned with shooting yourself you might want to check it out.

Appendix carry I find very uncomfortable for any reasonable length of time with a handgun Glock 19 size or larger, also I can't conceal as well there.

It is just different, your body is not use it. It is NOT a carry method one can simply toss on and be GTG. It requires a lot dedication to play with it until that sweet spot is found.

When I carry it's appendix carry.

It helps that I don't give a tinker's damn what others think about how I carry.

Last Edited:
Sure, it's a re-hash well-done here, but one of those subjects that just won't die.

One of many videos I recently watched....

Me, it's about the only way I carry. After a couple years of daily carry, just seems to work for me.

View attachment 503161

The only thing I'd recommend is getting a sturdy belt that the holster clip fully encloses, I've noticed in practice that when I don't wear a belt the holster comes out with the gun about 10% of the time.

The only thing I'd recommend is getting a sturdy belt that the holster clip fully encloses, I've noticed in practice that when I don't wear a belt the holster comes out with the gun about 10% of the time.

After years of playing around with various AIWB configurations I've decided thick, rigid belts used for duty, OWB and even IWB in the traditional position are not necessarily the best setup for AIWB. Check this belt out, it was designed from the ground up to a be dedicated AIWB belt.
Megingjörð - AIWB Specific - Conceal Carry Belt
Of course everything is subjective but I've found that the thick, heavy belts I was using previously don't move as naturally with the body. Food for thought.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top