JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So You want to make sure you have all the guns, ammo, food and whatever else you may need to get through any possible disaster.

But don't have an extra gun, bullet or sharp knife that's more than you will use.
Because if you have extra supplies you didn't use. Then somebody may use them against you later?:confused:

Look. If I need to hit the roar right now or be killed, drowned or radiated.
I don't care about what I can't use. And am forced to leave behind.
I want to live!
That's why I bought all this stuff in the first place. :s0140:

And stashes are great. But you still need to pick a certain amount of supplies to keep with you. Should the best option be to stay in place and fight or wate it out.

:D people will stockpile what ever they can afford governed by the fear they have. It's funny what fears drive them. So if you have two of everything just in case one breaks will that be enough? Like to hear what you think will happen that you need to prepare for?

Two of everything? Yes I do!

Sometimes 10.:confused:

And you do bring up a good point.

Maybe I should have a plan to scuttle the guns I'm forced to leave behind. Even though they would be in a safe.
You know? Just to make sure they don't fall into the wrong hands?

Man I'm gona cry cutting up all those Pythons. And WWII relics!:eek:

Last Edited:
Two of everything? Yes I do!

Sometimes 10.:confused:

And you do bring up a good point.

Maybe I should have a plan to scuttle the guns I'm forced to leave behind. Even though they would be in a safe.
You know? Just to be make sure they don't fall into the wrong hands?

Man I'm gona cry cutting up all those Pythons. And WWII relics!:eek:

Err bring those to my house if you decide to bug out:D.

If someone knows you are fortified, then sure, that may get them to thinking that you have something they can use. That doesn't mean that fortifications need to look like a military outpost. It also doesn't mean that you have to put them where everybody can see them (i.e., if you live in the boonies, a lot fewer people will know about where and how you live).

This is one of the issues people debate; do I fortify and bug in or do I abandon everything I stocked and live out of a backpack "off the land"?

For me, the answer is pretty simple; I am too old and crippled to live "off the land" on the move. I am not sure I could do it for long even when I was half my current age. It isn't as easy as some people think it is.

Moreover, I have family members who would be even less capable of doing that for various reasons.

So fortify and live in place as much as possible.

Besides, if attacked at home/BOL, I kind of doubt most people would survive trying to evacuate their residence - so bugging out probably won't do them any good if they do it while being attacked - driving off the attackers and then evacuating would be the most survivable scenario, and to do so may require more than a few hundred rounds.

Stockpiling provides a lot of psychological health too; the worst feeling being that a plan is religated to standing in a "bread line" of any kind; money well spent.

Stockpiling "things" provides measureable-assurance that a person can last one more day, a week, or a month, and perhaps a year without heavily-depending on others...

If my heirs never have to buy certain...."things", thats money they wont have to spend, and one less reason they might have to stand in a "bread line" line.

Some people are OK with living day to day; depending on others and the government, ok living in camps....perhaps going in early to compete for that bottom bunk and that prestigious job of buffing the floor :eek:

Stockpiling provides a lot of psychological health too; the worst feeling being that a plan is religated to standing in a "bread line" of any kind; money well spent.

Stockpiling "things" provides measureable-assurance that a person can last one more day, a week, or a month, and perhaps a year without heavily-depending on others...

If my heirs never have to buy certain...."things", thats money they wont have to spend, and one less reason they might have to stand in a "bread line" line.

Some people are OK with living day to day; depending on others and the government, ok living in camps....perhaps going in early to compete for that bottom bunk and that prestigious job of buffing the floor :eek:

You read that thread on adult adoption, when you get enough stockpiled I can be adopted:eek::eek::D

In the USA, there may very well come a time when you cannot buy ammo anymore, or quite possibly ammo for military firearms. This is something that has happened in a number of other countries.

Then there is the practice of some ammo manufacturers to voluntarily take certain kinds of ammo off the market, rather than risk lawsuits and/or legislation banning those types of ammunition.

All anyone has to do to understand how ammo can become something you really need or want, is to look at the state of rimfire ammo supply and cost in the recent past, even into the present. That is why I now have almost 20K of rimfire ammo - to me it is the most important and useful ammo to have if SHTF - the ammo I will use the most - the ammo I am most likely to barter off.

Got myself some 9mm today at $10/box of 50 FMJ (Blazer Brass) I bought 10 boxes went out and shot 3 boxes and then later today bought another 10 boxes from the same guy. I'm of the opinion that anytime I can get factory 9mm(my chosen CCW round) for $10 a box or less than buy as much as possible ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444014081.874150.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444014114.957819.jpg I have two 9mm's which are my favorite for both carry and range use so... And I buy premium hollow point whenever I see a good sale. But to me FMJ will work also in a WROL(without rule of law) situation ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444014269.423298.jpg

Last Edited:
Figure out how much shooting you do in a year and have at least that much ammo on hand at any given time.
When there are shortages, that's when i limit my shooting.
I don't limit my trips to the range...i just limit how much ammo i shoot. For example...On an average range day, i'll go through about 200 rounds of 45acp but during a shortage i'll only shoot 100 rounds per outting.

Plus i reload so a shortage doesn't really concern me as much. I keep plenty of components on hand. :D

Figure out how much shooting you do in a year and have at least that much ammo on hand at any given time.
When there are shortages, that's when i limit my shooting.
I don't limit my trips to the range...i just limit how much ammo i shoot. For example...On an average range day, i'll go through about 200 rounds of 45acp but during a shortage i'll only shoot 100 rounds per outting.

Plus i reload so a shortage doesn't really concern me as much. I keep plenty of components on hand. :D
As much brass that goes through my Glocks I need to start reloading
I shoot on average 150 rounds every time I go shooting (every two weeks minimum)

A crapload.

I've taken advantage of every $20/$30/10%/20% off some dollar amount coupon that Cabelas has given/sent me, buying whatever the best deal on some form of ammo or reloading supply was at the time. Looking at what most people pay for stuff I definitely have the most for the least $s of anyone I know.

Well, we all know where the left wing government is going to take this. Anyone who doesnt have what he needs when the new laws take affect will have to buy in another state just like kalifornians do.:D

I don't know, I actually only keep a couple hundred rounds personally (for each gun) but that's because I'm poor. That's also the reason I made sure I only stock two calibers my .223 and my .45ACP. My weapons are for safety though not so much for hunting. If it comes to that I'm going for low energy high yield stuff, like snaring rabbits and eating the neighbors dogs.

BYW: Ball ammo kills just as well - most people will not stay on the offensive when potenially mortally wounded, and you have the chance of one of his friends stopping to help him.

I keep 1 mag of "defensive HP" 9mm 115g in my carry and one mag with 124g FMJ'S for penetrating walls and furniture.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top