JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1000rds for every firearm, if that's not possible then 1000rds for every caliber of firearm you own.
.22lr you should have a back pack full (8000rds) and then extra to plink with. Minimum.

Yep Bimart Blazer Brass 115gr for $9.97/box up until about 3-1/2 weeks ago... Cabelas has Barnes TACXPD JHP $16.99 a box(20)(good deal) and they often run Hornady Critical Defense for $19.99 box(25) recently it's been Hornady Zombie Max, (same thing as critical defense) for $18.99(25) and awhile ago cabelas had Sellier & Bellot $10.99/50 FMJ and Fiocchi for $11.49/50. They have a regular deal on 50 round boxes of a brand called "independent" which is actually JHP 115 grain "made in Israel" for $15.99 which I bought a few but that's been sold out recently and I figure that I am better off buying the premium JHP(like Hornady or Speer Gold Dot or Winchester Ranger or that Barnes PD) as my carry ammo which I don't shoot except when I collect enough rounds that have been chambered and ejected so many times that they are starting to look scratched up I shoot them to keep the fresh ones cycling in my carry piece.
About a week ago I got Winchester white box value pack 124GR (100) for 24.99, not horrible at cabelas
Walmart had "perfecta" (made by Tulammo-but Brass cased) 115gr $10.97/(50) also up until several weeks ago. Recently it's been $12.47/50 of Federal Champion 115gr FMJ at Walmart. Although they have their Tulammo aluminum and steel crap for around $11/box which I never buy, because it is just dirty as hell
I feel it's a good idea to buy just one box of off brand and see first if it cycles the action consistently and reliably before buying in quantity.

A thought from something I saw on the news.

How much macaroni do you have? You don't say 25 pieces, you say I have 10 boxes.

Same with ammo: Don't says I have 500 rounds, say I have 10 boxes.

This round count came up over San Bernadino, and some guy was trying to explain that for a sports shooter, 2500 rounds is a good day at the range.
It's just a matter of perspective.

I know - I can get 50 rnd packs of 22 or I can get 1 500 rnd pack that is smaller than a Kleenix box.

Just a thought on how to communicate this without seeming scary.

th?&id=OIP.M53651769d240c3cc61e499c20442213ao1&w=264&h=264&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

I think we're done here.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR