JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Has to be one of the worst ways to go. One would think a highly educated nurse would know better, but I dated one once...dumb as a rock and was always sprinting ahead of me while hiking out near Yellowstone in an area marked as bear country.

Stories like these are tragic for the family to be sure.

Something to consider however is :
When you are outside , especially in "grizzly country" , you are in some animal's "living room" so to speak...and animals along with nature are unpredictable at best.

I have and will continue to spend time and nights out in grizzly country...I am aware of my surroundings , and keep a clean camp.
I don't let stories like the one in the OP worry me.
Please note that I am not like Timothy Treadwell.....I respect bears and nature , as in for who and what they are and my role when out in their realm.

If that bear really wants to kill me or eat me...He probably will...I will do what I can to prevent that...
But still , not a whole I can do about it.
In any event , it would be a historically correct way to go...which counts for something , with me at least.

And no the above just ain't internet tough talk...It just is my outlook...my life experiences play a heavy role in this...and while I don't expect others to understand , agree or even believe it...
It don't matter ...'cause as I said...its my outlook...not theirs.
Andy

I heard that wild animal attacks on humans and pets are going up. I saw a sign last week (in Idaho) about increased coyote attacks on dogs.

Also there is a special type of idiot who believes animals are just furry people that respond to love.

Huh...who woulda ever thunk it...bears doin' bear stuff...what's this world coming to?
People these days, especially the under 40 crowd that was subject to "violence is not the answer" and "zero tolerance", often show a level of arrogance when it comes to the security of their person. No one or nothing has hurt them before and they don't understand they are vulnerable to it. Not saying the OP's story is the case, but many people who haven't suffered painful consequences, get this incredulous look of disbelief when it finally happens to them.

People who experience painful outcomes can learn at an early age that social, and in this case, environmental awareness and respect is the key to avoiding pain.

Forget legalizing drugs, decriminalize non-DV simple assault and make mutual combat the rule. Problems will get fixed!

Register and track all bears, so the authorities know where the bears are at all times. Ban any new bears from being made. Also tax people who camp in bear country to help pay for bear violence.

If it will only save one (1) life, it is worth it.

Register and track all bears, so the authorities know where the bears are at all times. Ban any new bears from being made. Also tax people who camp in bear country to help pay for bear violence.

If it will only save one (1) life, it is worth it.
Bear violence needs to stop now!

I'd like to see a voluntary bear turn in at the local police department in every city.

We need to get assualt bears off the streets ASAP.

-Robert

I heard that wild animal attacks on humans and pets are going up. I saw a sign last week (in Idaho) about increased coyote attacks on dogs.

Also there is a special type of idiot who believes animals are just furry people that respond to love.
Every couple days I get a Ring notification from someone in the area bemoaning a lost cat when all of us can hear the coyotes howling and barking at 0-dark:30

Bear Lives Matter! BLM! BLM! BLM!
LMAO...

All these poor underprivileged bears are just scraping to survive in a world where the MAN is holding then down or straight up killing them in every interaction cuz they raycyst.

The latest gentle bear was saving up for bear college, got mixed up with trying to cash a fake check and now has the po-lice chasing, trying to murder him. He never hurt nobody.

-Robert

Maybe these marginalized bears can create their own autonomous zone in the forest and defend it. Oh, wait...

BearArms.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads