JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Forget legalizing drugs, decriminalize non-DV simple assault and make mutual combat the rule. Problems will get fixed!
Well, it worked for these guys

20752998.gif

Must have been a high capacity assault bear?
Maybe some high capacity assault beer would work against the high capacity assault bears. Or maybe some weed. A guy I knew about twenty years ago told me one year he was growing about six plants for personal use in Siuslaw Forest. He dug, fertilized, planted, and watered his hidden pot patch lovingly all season. The harvest day approached and he visited regularly to pick the perfect harvest date. On the chosen day, he hiked to his patch and found a fat mama black bear and her cub eating the last couple of plants. The bears were groggy and thoroughly stoned, and paid no attention to him, not even when he yelled at them and tried to shoo them. They refused to shoo. He sat down under a nearby tree and quietly sobbed while the bears finished off the patch and fell asleep lolling happily on the remnants. Whether the story is true or not I don't know.

Maybe some high capacity assault beer would work against the high capacity assault bears. Or maybe some weed. A guy I knew about twenty years ago told me one year he was growing about six plants for personal use in Siuslaw Forest. He dug, fertilized, planted, and watered his hidden pot patch lovingly all season. The harvest day approached and he visited regularly to pick the perfect harvest date. On the chosen day, he hiked to his patch and found a fat mama black bear and her cub eating the last couple of plants. The bears were groggy and thoroughly stoned, and paid no attention to him, not even when he yelled at them and tried to shoo them. They refused to shoo. He sat down under a nearby tree and quietly sobbed while the bears finished off the patch and fell asleep lolling happily on the remnants. Whether the story is true or not I don't know.
Pablo Escobear!

Per article...."Grizzly bears have run into increasing conflict with humans in the Northern Rockies over the past decade as the federally protected animals expanded into new areas and the number of people living and recreating in the region grew." Increasing conflict corresponds to increasing population of these bears and expanding development of homes into their habitat. There have been bear problems in Orvanda in the past. This bear apparently has become habituated to human presence. It is really not a funny incident. The woman died a horrible death. As close to civilization as this group was it is reasonable to surmise that they thought they were safe. Orvando is not back-country. There are more bears here now. Kali bicyclists don't think about sleeping with a .44. So sad.... but bound to happen. When game management is run by snowflakes, this happens. Appropriate thinning of the herd (bears, not bicyclists) is the only answer. As long as people keep voting these motards into office we can expect these tragic outcomes.

Sometimes when I am fishing and it gets slow, I feel like the bite is over and I won't have any more action. Then the rod tip slaps the side of the boat. If you hike, fish, or hunt this area, there is an equal chance of an encounter. Expect the unexpected. Be properly equipped.

Again.... this was a sad event.

FortRock out.

I swore the next time someone referenced this I was going to ban them on general principle.

:D
What? You mean you don't think that just because one person killed a world record grizzly through a fluke, one-in-a-million shot from a single-shot .22 rifle, that a .22 rimfire isn't a completely adequate grizzly bear dropping round?
:)

These grizzlies have apparently become habituated to people. This animal was hanging around the post office, eating peoples chickens, etc. In addition, the bears have been protected from hunting. Being "hunted over" by humans is part of why predators usually don't hunt humans. Where predators are hunted by humans the cubs usually learn from their mothers to avoid humans. Those that prey on humans are ruthlessly eliminated. And every human culture seems to do that essentially, to train and select the predators to avoid eating people. So much so that man eating lions, for example are usually old or injured animals who have become unable to kill faster or more fierce prey.

However grizzlies seem the least respectful of humans of bears except possibly polar bears. Lewis and Clark Journals repeatedly show their shock at the fierceness of the grizzlies, their willingness to attack, to attack instead of running when injured, to simple view humans as food, etc. I speculate that to a significant extent, humans elsewhere had largely established themselves as the top predator on land with grizzlies and polar bears being partial exceptions. On or near water, alligators and crocs are probably also exceptions. I think at best grizzlies view themselves as top predators and at best humans are sort of like wolverines. Too nasty to try to eat because you can kill them but they are too likely to injure you in the process. And an injury can be fatal via infection or interfering with ability to get food. Just speculating.

I agree. And not unlike the idiots who simply do not heed the bison warnings in the areas were they live and feel the need to show how 'cool' they are and approach them. Then when the bison attacks it gets identified (although How I don't know after the fact) and gets euthanized.
^^^You so deserve it dumbass.

Antlers :s0140:

^^^This is why stuff like this goes down.

Has to be one of the worst ways to go. One would think a highly educated nurse would know better, but I dated one once...dumb as a rock and was always sprinting ahead of me while hiking out near Yellowstone in an area marked as bear country.
Book smarts do not equate to common sense. Nearly every valedictorian I have known has been clueless outside of the classroom.

I agree. And not unlike the idiots who simply do not heed the bison warnings in the areas were they live and feel the need to show how 'cool' they are and approach them. Then when the bison attacks it gets identified (although How I don't know after the fact) and gets euthanized.
I saw one of these idiots in YWNP 20 years ago try to get close to a bull in the parking lot. This was before digital cameras so I moved to the other side of a parked car a safe distance away and prepared my camera for that magical shot. Nothing happened though.

Saw some Euro trash do the same thing in RMNP with a bull elk. No photo because someone tore into the Euro pretty good before he got too close.

The Bison vids are funny chit, they deserve what they got.

A study about bear attacks found the women were on thier period and possible smoking pot. The smell of blood is too tempting, pot also smells like a treat to them also.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top