JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I want to have enough to BO if needed having more that accomplished my minimum I am good.
In all reality unless one has a 6x6 or something the weight alone would make transport difficult if one has pallets to move.
Stocking up for survival and non-civilian issues would require less. Civilian issues are going to vary allot on where one is geographically.

The goal, between ammo, parts and spare weps:
580_raiders_of_the_lost_ark_government_warehouse_new.jpg

:)

LOL. How healthy should you be? How much gold and silver should you buy? And remember, excess ammo inventory makes the best trade goods.

I will not be arming other people to later take my sh*t! :s0035: :s0041:

As for stocking up today?
What happens when the EPA say's no more lead primers?

Were going to end up with ammo like that crappy 5.7 ''Green ammo'' with a shelf life of like 5 years! :s0002:

So get the real stuff while you can.;)

BYW: Ball ammo kills just as well - most people will not stay on the offensive when potenially mortally wounded, and you have the chance of one of his friends stopping to help him.

I keep 1 mag of "defensive HP" 9mm 115g in my carry and one mag with 124g FMJ'S for penetrating walls and furniture.
With the 10mm and now with the 357,I just use target ammo. It will do the job
Now a 9mm? Well......:D

I have ammo for guns I don't have.

Does that count?
That's funny. I've purchased a firearm in the past just because I had ammo for it...lol

With that in mind, I just remembered have a new M&P 15-22 magazine that I found at a range. Time to head out to Keith's :D

(magazine...:D )

Last Edited:
That's funny. I've purchased a firearm in the past just because I had ammo for it...lol

With that in mind, I just remembered have a new M&P 15-22 mag that I found at a range. Time to head out to Keith's :D

I had to read that twice. For a second I thought you meant a M&P 15 in 22 magnum. They should make that

I'm thinking that I should have a minimum of 1000 rounds of ammunition for my glocks(all chambered in 9mm,) and I have about 500 rounds now, this is not about being a panicked buyer rather I love to shoot and I don't want to be forced into paying twice as much for my ammunition
Opinions?
I used to say 1000 rds per caliber
After the recent ammo shortages I don't think there IS a minimum number.
Buy what you can afford and salt it away.

I figure 1000 rounds in bulk, and maybe another 250-500 preloaded into magazines, per iron, should be a reasonable starting goal... sanity check?

I go for trying to keep 1000 rounds per caliber because I can not afford 1k per gun yet.

PLUS then I add too that number until I have enough to plink with - then I go shooting.

Truth.
Buy it if you can afford it and stockpile it.

Ya the nice thing about ammo if stored well will last decades and then some.

I go for trying to keep 1000 rounds per caliber because I can not afford 1k per gun yet.

PLUS then I add too that number until I have enough to plink with - then I go shooting.

Ive tried to purchase like caliber firearms so I can cross use the ammo. Its worked pretty well so far only problem is some firearms cost more in certain calibers. Like a bolt action 7.62x39 I still don't have one yet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top