JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
same here, no guns as a kid. was given a mossberg 500 as an adult and loved it, decided to try the other end of the spectrum as well and bought myself and henry lever-action .22

and the list keeps growing

Ruger GP100 ss 3 inch barrel in .357 Magnum. Also the first gun I sold. Nice quality, a big hunk of solid metal. However, I prefer the triggers on S&W revolvers and the lighter metal alloys on todays guns such as scandium and titanium that make these beasts practical to actually carry.

I just discovered this loooong thread, and read it all the way thru - what a hoot!

I feel for you guys who had no mentoring - neither did I, raised by a widow and an older sister. So by the time the Eighties rolled around and my Twenties were behind me, I finally decided to get something that I could carry and conceal. But at the time I was so poor I couldn't pay attention, so I found a Llama .380 in the newspaper for - well, I'm not gonna say how cheeep it was.

It's actually a good little shooter, built like a baby 1911, and it fits the wife's tiny hand perfectly. I can't imagine ever wanting to sell it. I even scored some factory mags at a gunshow years ago.

That's Wife 2.0 I'm talkin' about, BTW. The first one was as rabid an anti- as they come, so I had to keep it hidden from her for years. Don't ask, don't tell.

Now I got me a woman with a CHL and a perpetual smile!

Taurus PT111 that has been a headache ever since. Missing spring, called Taurus 4 going on 5 times now to get it replaced, sent the wrong part each time. Looking to unload it ASAP, which is a shame since the ONLY problem with it is the missing spring.

So besides that, a brand new HK USPc 9mm for a killer price.

Shortly after I got my Washington CO. CHL, I went to the hillsboro gun show and bought me a Taurus PT 24/7 .40 for $389.00 NIB. I had that for a few years and I got tired of it and sold it for $300.00.......... It was a cool semi auto but I wouldn't want to own another one, because it was a bit top heavy and I put 2000 rounds through and the slide got really loose. I also was NOT a fan of the safety...... If you carried it HOT, meaning one in the pipe....... the safety would disengage very easly if you concealed carry it...... inside a conceal carry holster, it would shift around and the safety would be off.... I'm sure if I had a nice leather or a hard holster it would be fine... but many years later, I am very happy with my glock and I know people talk ISH about glocks but my G27 hasn't done me wrong so............... whatever lol

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top