JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After recovering from my "hippy" period, I realized in 1977 when my "Lady" moved in with me in my house in the woods that I wanted some home protection. "When seconds count, the deputies are only minutes away." At least thirty minutes away in our case. So I steeled myself to frequent the Devil's Dens where Hippies fear to tread: gunshops.

Of course everyone tried to sell me only Colt 1911s, since their profit margin was highest, and anything else meant that I was a Communist and had a small penis. As a matter of fact, I WAS a Communist AND had a small penis! And I wanted a simple, easy to use weapon that my Lady could learn to use.

It was a beautiful High Standard Sentinal Mark III nine-shot twenty-two magnum revolver. It had lovely smooth wooden grips that slid perfectly into position in the hand, and a perfectly blued finish. It was a really tight, sound gun, and came with an extra 22 long rifle cylinder. It was accurate and it was cheap; and that is why High Standard went out of business---not enough profit margin for the quality put in.

As so often heard, I wish I still had that one................elsullo :(

1976, Colt Trooper MKIII 6inch. Just a bit smaller than an N frame Smith. Handloaded for it with a Lee "whack it with a mallet" loader several months until I could get a press and the rest of it. Took all week to load 100 rounds and tended to shoot it all up every weekend.
I kept it a couple years until shortly after the day I found out about the muzzle-up pressure spike thing while trying to knock a critter out of a tree with it. Stung my hand and swelled one of the chambers to the point that anything more than a 38 special load required the mallet to punch it out. Put it up on consignment (with disclosure!) and bought a Series 70 GM. Been meaning to get another .357 in a Smith ever since. (never liked the anemic Colt ejector rods)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top