JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
same here, no guns as a kid. was given a mossberg 500 as an adult and loved it, decided to try the other end of the spectrum as well and bought myself and henry lever-action .22

and the list keeps growing

Ruger GP100 ss 3 inch barrel in .357 Magnum. Also the first gun I sold. Nice quality, a big hunk of solid metal. However, I prefer the triggers on S&W revolvers and the lighter metal alloys on todays guns such as scandium and titanium that make these beasts practical to actually carry.

I just discovered this loooong thread, and read it all the way thru - what a hoot!

I feel for you guys who had no mentoring - neither did I, raised by a widow and an older sister. So by the time the Eighties rolled around and my Twenties were behind me, I finally decided to get something that I could carry and conceal. But at the time I was so poor I couldn't pay attention, so I found a Llama .380 in the newspaper for - well, I'm not gonna say how cheeep it was.

It's actually a good little shooter, built like a baby 1911, and it fits the wife's tiny hand perfectly. I can't imagine ever wanting to sell it. I even scored some factory mags at a gunshow years ago.

That's Wife 2.0 I'm talkin' about, BTW. The first one was as rabid an anti- as they come, so I had to keep it hidden from her for years. Don't ask, don't tell.

Now I got me a woman with a CHL and a perpetual smile!

Taurus PT111 that has been a headache ever since. Missing spring, called Taurus 4 going on 5 times now to get it replaced, sent the wrong part each time. Looking to unload it ASAP, which is a shame since the ONLY problem with it is the missing spring.

So besides that, a brand new HK USPc 9mm for a killer price.

Shortly after I got my Washington CO. CHL, I went to the hillsboro gun show and bought me a Taurus PT 24/7 .40 for $389.00 NIB. I had that for a few years and I got tired of it and sold it for $300.00.......... It was a cool semi auto but I wouldn't want to own another one, because it was a bit top heavy and I put 2000 rounds through and the slide got really loose. I also was NOT a fan of the safety...... If you carried it HOT, meaning one in the pipe....... the safety would disengage very easly if you concealed carry it...... inside a conceal carry holster, it would shift around and the safety would be off.... I'm sure if I had a nice leather or a hard holster it would be fine... but many years later, I am very happy with my glock and I know people talk ISH about glocks but my G27 hasn't done me wrong so............... whatever lol

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top