JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought 3 in a months time 1st:savage .17hmr 2nd rem 870 express 3rd springfield xd .45. These aren't my first guns these are just the ones that took me 7 years to buy after i was 18

Back in '87 during my Army days (in Germany) I bought this Colt AR15A2 HBAR Sporter-II at the Rod & Gun Club for $560 brand new off the display rack:

100_0403.jpg

Then in '88 when I turned 21 I bought a Berretta 92F (Italian made) from the Rod & Gun Club for $570 brand new. That was in "1980's" dollars, so I suppose that means they were pretty expensive factoring for inflation.... :s0131:

A smoothside A2 with A1 sight and forward assist? I'd never seen one...

It is an odd hybrid, huh?... it has ALL the A2 features (FH, brass deflector, longer butt-stock, pistol grip, HBAR, etc.) except it has A1 sights... no biggie (to me). :s0155:

It is still LN with MAYBE 500 rounds run through it since '87... Colt calls it an "AR15A2 Sporter-II"

Last Edited:
11 years old Stevens single shot 22lr. $35 from the nickel ads. Almost bought an auto 22lr, but didn't have the extra $15. Next was a sporterized Enfield 303 brit for $125 at a hock shop, blew fire out the end.

Back in '87 during my Army days (in Germany) I bought this Colt AR15A2 HBAR Sporter-II at the Rod & Gun Club for $560 brand new off the display rack:

100_0403.jpg

Then in '88 when I turned 21 I bought a Berretta 92F (Italian made) from the Rod & Gun Club for $570 brand new. That was in "1980's" dollars, so I suppose that means they were pretty expensive factoring for inflation.... :s0131:

That's a beauty! I bought my first AR15 around the same time, it was an A2 HBAR also but I don't remember much about the details of it.

My first purchase I made myself was a 6" S&W 586 .357. Ended up tradng it in on a 300wsm a few yrs ago, and replaced it immediately with a 686p. I loved the look and feel of that 586 and never should have traded it. I'm sure a lot of people say that about their first gun.

I've only ever actually purchased one gun in my life so far, as the rest have either been gifts (Marlin Golden 39A), hand-me-downs (Winchester Model 1912) or inheritances (Remington .41 Short derringer). But this one is a Savage Model 1907.

Cute little bugger... looks like a raygun. Very dieselpunk, and a total impulse buy. But I'm a sucker for antiques!

I'm looking to get some playmates for her, though.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top