JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Old beat up used Ruger 10/22. One of my friends from high school got into guns and after awhile I went "hey, guns are cool I like guns, hey I can buy guns now, I'm older than 18." So I did. :V

For me, my first purchased gun as an adult was also my first purchased gun, period. It was a Hi-Point 380 ACP. I wanted something inexpensive, with a good warranty as a starter. I bought it about 3 weeks before my birthday.

I'm buying an AK47 (Its got a Red G on it, if that means anything)
I guess it was built by some folks or a guy in Washington? (Not DC) I hear it was test fired with several types of ammo and they all worked.. My question is, how do I know what I'm buying? Its from a guy who bought it from a guy who bought it from the guys in Washington. No internet threds explain tell me what to watch out for when it comes to buying AK47's that have been built from a parts kit.

(Its not a Hesse/Vulcan Arms Ak.. no worries there)
Any thing i should watch out for?
I need help ASAP!!!

I'm buying an AK47 (Its got a Red G on it, if that means anything)
I guess it was built by some folks or a guy in Washington? (Not DC) I hear it was test fired with several types of ammo and they all worked.. My question is, how do I know what I'm buying? Its from a guy who bought it from a guy who bought it from the guys in Washington. No internet threds explain tell me what to watch out for when it comes to buying AK47's that have been built from a parts kit.

(Its not a Hesse/Vulcan Arms Ak.. no worries there)
Any thing i should watch out for?
I need help ASAP!!!

It's a "Romy G" Romanian AK47, there is very little that can go wrong on them, one thing I would caution you about is to make sure it is a rivet build and not a screw build. If you see screws on the receiver I would think twice about buying it.

Keeping with the AK47 theme, my first rifle was a Norinco MAK-90 with an open top front sight guard (not the fully closed circle) and a pistol grip instead of the thumbhole stock. Loved it, and I've had many an AK since. :)

rem 700 7mm mag... was not only the first rifle i bought for myself, was the first firearm i ever fired.

zero instruction, zero knowledge. being a bolt gun, it was fairly obvious that you simple unlocked the bolt, slid it back, pushed as many "bullets" as would fit, slide forward, lock, and yank the trig. and that's what i did, and what i got was not at all what i expected.

pretty interesting story, actually... i'd just enlisted in the Army and had a month of delayed entry. 11x, Ranger Option. i didn't want my first time ever firing a rifle to be in OSUT. So i went to GI Joes, walked up to the gun counter, explained my situation and asked for whatever was the closest thing they had to what i'd be shooting in the Army.

the kid (probably 23 or 24, i was 18) turned around, flipped a bunch of tags around, and finally grabbed the weapon i speak of off the rack and handed it to me. "This is a 7mm.. it's what you'll be shooting." I asked about bulk ammo, wanting to shoot a LOT before i left, and he said something to the effect of "we're all out of bulk 7mm, but you can get it at gun shows." what a freaken ignorant individual.

so i bought a box of (20) 165gr soft points for $25 along with the $470 rifle, and left a happy camper. how little i knew.

i drove around for days trying to find a place to shoot the thing in washington county, not realizing that there were zero ranges and no "empty" land to shoot in washington county, or even really anywhere around washington county. there were plenty of places in the hills, but you had to know somebody or know those areas to know about them. i finally drove waaaay out highway 202 out past Mist to the Columbia Mainline, where i found a sign that said "NO TARGET SHOOTING."

no ear pro, no eye pro, weapon not properly seated in my shoulder, i took aim at a tree and jerked the trig.....

LAME

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads