Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

What Shooting Stabilizer Has Been Most Effective For You?

OP
G8rHunter
Reactions
.22LR barrels don't get very hot.

:)
Yep, having shot about 800 or 900 rounds now, the barrel doesn't get too hot. I actually was thinking ahead to when I get a deer rifle. Not sure when or what yet, but I figure something like a 7mm-08, cm, or 308. And I am thinking I probably need at the very least the entire summer to get accustomed to whatever it will be.

deadeye

Reactions
The hood of a truck and a rolled up light weight flannel coat, good for at least 400yrds or so the coyotes find is. Trees work even better if there's a low lying branch and not just the trunk. Fence posts, tractors, motorcycle handlebars, combines, atv's, hay elevators and even manure spreaders but you get the point.

The hood of a truck and a rolled up light weight flannel coat, good for at least 400yrds or so the coyotes find is. Trees work even better if there's a low lying branch and not just the trunk. Fence posts, tractors, motorcycle handlebars, combines, atv's, hay elevators and even manure spreaders but you get the point.
Anything more static than you helps.

DirectDrive

Reactions
The hood of a truck and a rolled up light weight flannel coat, good for at least 400yrds or so the coyotes find is. Trees work even better if there's a low lying branch and not just the trunk. Fence posts, tractors, motorcycle handlebars, combines, atv's, hay elevators, manure spreaders and even out the window of my truck but you get the point.
FIFY

DirectDrive

Reactions
In this case out of truck windows may not be a good idea for the OP.

In the multitude of places to shoot from in the list, that was a glaring omission.
Let's just say it was on a training range, under controlled conditions, surprised by a Federally licensed range officer.

;)

In the multitude of places to shoot from in the list, that was a glaring omission.
Let's just say it was on a training range, under controlled conditions, surprised by a Federally licensed range officer.

;)
;):)

Taco_lean

Reactions
A barricade! Just kidding. When shooting groups/zeroeing I have 3 sand bags I made myself. I used 2 gallon HD zip lock bags filled with leveling sand. Then I stuffed those in an old Denim pant leg and zip tied each end. Work well enough for me! I made 2 small and 1 large and stack as needed. Cheap enough to try and you can stick with them or spend more for a commercial bag.

Reno

Reactions
A member here brought his UTG bipod one time we went shooting together and that was it. For the price it beat everything I’ve ysed prior.

Using this prone or of a table with a rear bag has become my go to.

upload_2019-4-5_9-56-42.gif

Reactions
Atlas bipod for me.
Having a solid stock is important so you can properly load the bipod with forward pressure and not have to much flex in the stock.

EPS

Reactions
A member here brought his UTG bipod one time we went shooting together and that was it. For the price it beat everything I’ve ysed prior.

Using this prone or of a table with a rear bag has become my go to.

View attachment 566376
I have 2
For the price they work really good

11Charlie

Reactions
I have a set of homemade "Cross Sticks" , similar to what the buffalo hunters of the 1860'-80's used...
I find that they are helpful for younger shooters when shooting my muzzleloaders.

They are easy to make and inexpensive to boot.
Andy
OH good bring those things when we go to the range together that Hawken is heavy as hell! :D

AndyinEverson

Reactions
OH good bring those things when we go to the range together that Hawken is heavy as hell! :D
What...Heavy...
It only weighs in at 10 pounds...Sheesh...I have no problem carrying and shooting it all day...Maybe you spend too much time with those lightweight modern rifles..
Wait is that the sound of "flamethrowers" warming up...?...Gotta run....:eek::p:D
Andy

AndyinEverson

Reactions
We used to practice holding the bipod of the M60 MG , standing , while the gunner shot the M60 from his shoulder to shoot down low flying attacking aircraft....
I am really glad I never had to use this "practice" for real...:eek::D
Andy

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online