JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.22LR barrels don't get very hot.

:)
Yep, having shot about 800 or 900 rounds now, the barrel doesn't get too hot. I actually was thinking ahead to when I get a deer rifle. Not sure when or what yet, but I figure something like a 7mm-08, cm, or 308. And I am thinking I probably need at the very least the entire summer to get accustomed to whatever it will be.

The hood of a truck and a rolled up light weight flannel coat, good for at least 400yrds or so the coyotes find is. Trees work even better if there's a low lying branch and not just the trunk. Fence posts, tractors, motorcycle handlebars, combines, atv's, hay elevators and even manure spreaders but you get the point.

The hood of a truck and a rolled up light weight flannel coat, good for at least 400yrds or so the coyotes find is. Trees work even better if there's a low lying branch and not just the trunk. Fence posts, tractors, motorcycle handlebars, combines, atv's, hay elevators and even manure spreaders but you get the point.

Anything more static than you helps.

The hood of a truck and a rolled up light weight flannel coat, good for at least 400yrds or so the coyotes find is. Trees work even better if there's a low lying branch and not just the trunk. Fence posts, tractors, motorcycle handlebars, combines, atv's, hay elevators, manure spreaders and even out the window of my truck but you get the point.
FIFY

A barricade! Just kidding. When shooting groups/zeroeing I have 3 sand bags I made myself. I used 2 gallon HD zip lock bags filled with leveling sand. Then I stuffed those in an old Denim pant leg and zip tied each end. Work well enough for me! I made 2 small and 1 large and stack as needed. Cheap enough to try and you can stick with them or spend more for a commercial bag.

A member here brought his UTG bipod one time we went shooting together and that was it. For the price it beat everything I've ysed prior.

Using this prone or of a table with a rear bag has become my go to.

upload_2019-4-5_9-56-42.gif

I have a set of homemade "Cross Sticks" , similar to what the buffalo hunters of the 1860's-80's used...
I find that they are helpful for younger shooters when shooting my muzzleloaders.

They are easy to make and inexpensive to boot.
Andy

I have a set of homemade "Cross Sticks" , similar to what the buffalo hunters of the 1860'-80's used...
I find that they are helpful for younger shooters when shooting my muzzleloaders.

They are easy to make and inexpensive to boot.
Andy

OH good bring those things when we go to the range together that Hawken is heavy as hell! :D

OH good bring those things when we go to the range together that Hawken is heavy as hell! :D
What...Heavy...
It only weighs in at 10 pounds...Sheesh...I have no problem carrying and shooting it all day...Maybe you spend too much time with those lightweight modern rifles..
Wait is that the sound of "flamethrowers" warming up...?...Gotta run....:eek::p:D
Andy

We used to practice holding the bipod of the M60 MG , standing , while the gunner shot the M60 from his shoulder to shoot down low flying attacking aircraft....
I am really glad I never had to use this "practice" for real...:eek::D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews