JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone can shoot all sand bagged up or off those expensive sleds because it takes the human error out of the equation. Use a bipod like this to see what your really made of.

View attachment 566184
@Kruel J Throw down learn to use a leather M1907 sling like a real jar head rifle shooter.
Like to see what your really made of.:oops::rolleyes:o_O
Jim Owens Products
Mastering-the-Shooting-Positions-and-Leather-sling.jpg
600 yards @ DRRC. :D Shot a 197-8X at 600 yards that day.
TZaCAIAAZvP61cGiJ8d8CxS3dr0_XdBjqAWvqgb0HJYoMZOBKc7kPqEIpUukfHkSudZHRHEmsHBLASirfVM=w586-h781-no.jpg
229955.webp

Last Edited:
The OP started this thread by asking what is the most effective stabilization technique and all the replies have built an awesome thread though we have not covered a couple of key things that affect accuracy even when the rifle hold is perfect. One of the ones I am always dealing with is wind which can play havoc with anyone's perfect hold. We'll have to start a new thread on wind, minute of deer, and maybe even parallax but not today, I don't have enough caffeine yet to do math ;)

The OP started this thread by asking what is the most effective stabilization technique and all the replies have built an awesome thread though we have not covered a couple of key things that affect accuracy even when the rifle hold is perfect. One of the ones I am always dealing with is wind which can play havoc with anyone's perfect hold. We'll have to start a new thread on wind, minute of deer, and maybe even parallax but not today, I don't have enough caffeine yet to do math ;)

The OP is talking about shooting off a stable platform at 100 yards. Wind will not hardly touch a good sleek bullet at that range. Even at 450 yards, the other day, I was shooting my 6.5 creedmoor and the wind was pushing me around more than it was the bullet. I'm talking full value Columbia River Gorge winds. Those of us that shoot in the Gorge, know what I'm talking about... Anyway, with the 140gr. pill, I easily hit 4" steel plates with no misses. On paper, I shot a 3.4" 5 shot group just to see how far the wind was pushing the little hornady pill...:
cIoMcz5.jpg
Not really much to be concerned about...

Now, if he's talking about shooting a 22lr at that range, then yeah, maybe we need to talk wind and how it's going to affect said bullet...

Last Edited:
Not sure why you quoted someone else and then called me out but as I stated earlier in this thread I cant shoot for chit.

:D
And in that picture we can see him wearing .
A Shooting jacket also .
So not really going full sling mode there .
A little help from the suit

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads