JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did a self competition between handguns for double taps today. Mp5 reg size clone (with no brace) and Walther q5 match won the day. Also got first chance to shoot g3K clone. Dang that thing is smooth for .308 and about 1/3 the recoil I expected. It's fine even shooting with brace folded which surprised me.

View attachment 1854253
View attachment 1854254
That doesn't look like a 12" barrel.

That doesn't look like a 12" barrel.
G3 has recoil spring in the receiver so compared to Fe AR-10 (where spring is outside receiver) 12.5" barrel = 30" overall length with brace collapsed (minimum shootable length). G3k 12.5" barrel = 26" length with brace folded (minimum shootable length). Have to add length of brace to that when stock unfolded. If I ever sbr it I'll probably switch to 1913 rail folding stock like this one:
F9FF4FCF-E030-4C14-BDE6-A22A6C5F1F7E.jpeg

Lately when I go to the range, I find myself bringing more 22LR firearms and I'm going through the ammo faster which is very close to 400 rounds just a week ago. I wanna go tomorrow and bring the new Walther PPQ but its still in background check. If I don't get it tomorrow then I'll just go set myself for next week.

Good God man, who actually budgets for target shooting? No one that I know because we just keep buying chit all the time when it comes available.
You know, hoarding activities are fun. :s0145:
What is budgeted, is time because there is never enough when the other half is always demanding it.
Case in point:
Angry wife: you said you were only going to target shoot half a day!!!
Me: think about it lovey, 12 hours is half a day. :s0140:

Good God man, who actually budgets for target shooting? No one that I know because we just keep buying chit all the time when it comes available.
You know, hoarding activities are fun. :s0145:
What is budgeted, is time because there is never enough when the other half is always demanding it.
Case in point:
Angry wife: you said you were only going to target shoot half a day!!!
Me: think about it lovey, 12 hours is half a day. :s0140:
I like to take more ammo than I'll shoot because an empty gun on the way home no matter how much fun I had is still a rock.

I remember reading a story in a gun magazine when I was a kid. The author had a new Tommy gun knockoff of some kind (1980's) that he took out to his favorite shooting spot out in the boonies, to review for an article.

The story went that there had been a couple robberies in that county, where some local punks ran someone off the road or blocked them in, roughed them up and took anything of value.

So this guy shot up all his ammo at his remote shooting spot, and was driving back on the narrow logging roads. A truck pulled out and deliberately blocked him in, with a couple big guys in it.

He had guns but no ammo, so he decided to bluff, put the drum magazine in his Tommy gun and aggressively stepped out of his car. The other truck peeled away in a big hurry! Lucky…

And this was back in the days before the internet, so you know it had to be a true story… :)

All my guns are self defense firearms. There is no time out, let me put down my range toy and pick up my fightin' iron.
It happens all the time. Most people that own guns don't carry and every gun is their precious magic fighting gun and they'll think nothing of expending every last round they brought that day.
What you do is beside the point.

I don't get the "dont shoot your edc" at the range stuff. Surely poeple have more than one magazine? Just leave one loaded with SD ammo and shoot the other mags.

Practicing with your edc is the most important practice imo. For me every time I go to the range one of the first things I do is edc practice. Imagine you are reacting to a real world scenario and practice it. Don't slow fire practice it instead or you'll be training your body and mind for the wrong thing. Just like an airline pilot who practices an emergency 100s of times, practice dealing with a likely scenario deliberately and confidently.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top