JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a method to compactly store an AR15 with 16" barrel, in a lockable hard container/case. Barrel would separated from upper for storage. The rest of the take down configuration has not been decided. The smaller the case or container the better.

20220727_012709.jpg

Edit: I won't be using pin and welded barrel so non-timed flash hider will be included in container. Stock will be standard M4 style. Time from storage to deployment will be a consideration. Faster obviously better but cheap trumps speed. If any tools are required for reassembly of rifle they should fit in container too.

Last Edited:
One place you may try looking is hard cases made to carry a laptop. Not as common as they used to be but many used to like the larger laptops with 17" screen. One made for this "might" work. The nice part of so many online sites selling this stuff is normally the measurements are easy to find. So you could see if the inside area would work.

One place you may try looking is hard cases made to carry a laptop. Not as common as they used to be but many used to like the larger laptops with 17" screen. One made for this "might" work. The nice part of so many online sites selling this stuff is normally the measurements are easy to find. So you could see if the inside area would work.
Great idea and low and behold this one might work. I don't like the price but I think it would fit an entire rifle plus some mags.

Pricey alright but, may be able to find a cheaper "version" along the same lines. Nice thing about cases like this is no one gives them a second glance. They do not "look gun". :D

Pricey alright but, may be able to find a cheaper "version" along the same lines. Nice thing about cases like this is no one gives them a second glance. They do not "look gun". :D
I would be sure to plaster it with woke stickers:)

Edit maybe something like this and then cover the exterior of case with paint splotches.

1658915891636.png

Last Edited:
Unless you have a reliable quick change barrel system, removing and installing the barrel every time you store it sounds unnecessary. I understand you want compact but the juice it's not worth the squeeze here

Unless you have a reliable quick change barrel system, removing and installing the barrel every time you store it sounds unnecessary. I understand you want compact but the juice it's not worth the squeeze here
I do have a method for relatively quick attachment and detachment of barrels but the kits would not necessarily be used often. I am of the mindset that you shouldn't keep all your eggs in one basket. Having a compact and discreet method of storing a complete rifle will allow me to find more baskets to store my eggs.

I hear that. Damn things are a TON of damn fun but, the stupid NFA costs and hassles really put a crimp in them. :(
The only benefit to the SBR route would be, allowing me to purchase a smaller container. I still want a container/case that would allow me to be out in public with the firearm (where legally allowed) and not have people aware that I have the firearm in my possession. Not worth the stamp cost and hassle, especially on multiple firearms that will rarely be used.

I know you want to avoid the SBR rout, but it really IS the best way to go! The Quick Change isn't very quick, or the good ones cost way more then the Tax Stamp, so, ether way, your gonna have to pay to play! Me, I rock the SBR, 11.5 inch barrel sans suppressor, and a 20 rounder in the mag well, it fits nicely under a parka on a single point when I travel in hostile lands, or fits inside a messenger bag so I can have it close at hand and ready to go and not have to assemble anything!

As an alternate, the Kel-tech SU-16 Cali spec converted to normal is an awesome little carbine, way quicker to deploy and light and snappy when needed!
A good simple alternate that can do everything the AR can do, and some things better!

Edit
Working on a better folding stock for it, my first "Gun" related 3D printed project!

Ar180 556 10.5" is roughly same size as an mp5. Sling pack deploys with a single pull. Very fast. Stribog or mp5 with suppressor fits with room to spare. Functional buffer tube is biggest limiting factor imo. Law adapter helps with that and also the tri fold ARs are pretty tiny for storage.

Ar180 (brn-180) 10.5" Size
37DA4D22-3496-43ED-8FB0-66C5E76CA85E.jpeg

Sling pack made for single pull gun deployment. I bet a 16" ar-180 with brace folded would fit but don't have one to try.
3C5E0D8E-37B6-4959-BA5D-D48A0E615B99.jpeg
Stribog w/o suppressor fit:
D4FC0E92-DBD9-48E7-978F-2BEBB59D057A.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews