JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Paid my TCGC dues today $314. They love guys that show up a half dozen times a year like me. Jokes on them though cause close to retired and I'll set up a tent there and a cooking stove 😂

Got yet more heart/BP meds to add to my stock.

Slathered more SnoSeal on my cargo pants. Gonna test those while pressure washing in a few days and then probably spray some of the aerosol DWR coating on them too.

When I looked inside the pants I noticed that the wax/etc. does soak most of the way thru the cloth - I couldn't determine that on my overalls or shirt-jac because they are lined.

I've got to finish putting SnoSeal on my shirt-jacket. Doing this out in the hot sun seems to work well; the sun gets the cloth hot and warms the SnoSeal in the can.

Thinking about doing my ranch coat too.

_nc_ohc=v3jFkleYl7EAX_quhX2&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Finally switched from can shaving cream to a cup and brush for shaving. I like it a lot better as the soap isn't so heavy on the face and doesn't fill the blade as quick. Figure I will be shaving my entire head someday so the can soap had to go.

Finally switched from can shaving cream to a cup and brush for shaving. I like it a lot better as the soap isn't so heavy on the face and doesn't fill the blade as quick. Figure I will be shaving my entire head someday so the can soap had to go.
Welcome to the better way of shaving...

If you have not tried it, get a merkur safety razor and some shark blades...

$10 in blades will last a good year usually...

Left Reddit (got reported to Reddit for "threatening violence" because I advocated that vandals be spanked by their parents).
You gotta be bubbleguming kidding me... This is what's wrong with America...

Wasting entirely too much time there for very little return.
Which is why NWFA is the only "social media" to which I indulge...

Yesterday I did my bi-monthly chiro/MT and a different dr. appt (getting old sucks and is sometimes painful).

The at Costco I got the vacuum packed rice and vacuum packed whole dried peas (yellow, which are a different flavor than the green, which I need to get more of as I am running low). Dried peas and lentils are good nutrition, but the peas can take a while to cook whereas lentils take less than an hour. I like both in my crock pot stews/soups, but I definitely need to add spice to them, which I always do.

1688665144179.jpeg

Last Edited:
...Dried peas and lentils are good nutrition, but the peas can take a while to cook whereas lentils take less than an hour. I like both in my crock pot stews/soups, but I definitely need to add spice to them, which I always do.
Give a stovetop pressure cooker a try, if you haven't already. Sized for your normal, perhaps another sized for expected family/guests?

We prefer Hawkins brand, wide mouth over tall for basics (rice, beans, lentils). Handy time savers, so also energy savers. Both great to save on, I'd imagine, if in an extended "crunch" time.

I bought groceries at Winco yesterday and for some strange reason they declined my debit card, even though the charge and credit later showed up in my account online and I have plenty of funds in my account - more than sufficient to pay for $82 worth of groceries. Not sure why it did that. :s0092:

Anyway - it shows the value of having more than sufficient cash to pay for stuff - I just whipped out 5 twenties, got my change and went on my way.

I bought groceries at Winco yesterday and for some strange reason they declined my debit card, even though the charge and credit later showed up in my account online and I have plenty of funds in my account - more than sufficient to pay for $82 worth of groceries. Not sure why it did that. :s0092:

Anyway - it shows the value of having more than sufficient cash to pay for stuff - I just whipped out 5 twenties, got my change and went on my way.
Rub Your Chip, Dude.

Access to cherry orchard open to me, quick little run for 90 minutes got me 28lbs...

Not bad for a first run...

Will make a few more runs to get more.

Have to pit slice, dehydrate and freeze dry them...

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top