JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Costco is anti 2A.
They are. We still shop there. Armed.

A while back (?8-10 years), new to carrying concealed, the door greater at the Salem Costco pointed out my exposed carry (my shirt had flipped up over it).

"Nice gun" or some such non-confrontational statement of fact. I thanked him & flipped back my shirt. Boy howdy was I embarrassed!

Went on with our shop, not too concerned about being trespassed...

This morning was overcast and coolish, so I decided I would do some pressure washing of the driveway and test my homemade "tin cloth" pants and shirtjacket that I put a bunch of SnoSeal on.

I found the wax improved water resistance, but did not make it waterproof, especially the upper areas of the pants that I put less wax on. The jacket was ok, but it didn't get much water on it, so not much of a test. Overall, probably okay for walking thru a light rain for a little while, and wet grass, but not a downpour.

Later I will put some more SnoSeal on the pants, then spray some DWR on both and test again and see if that makes a difference.

This morning was overcast and coolish, so I decided I would do some pressure washing of the driveway and test my homemade "tin cloth" pants and shirtjacket that I put a bunch of SnoSeal on.

I found the wax improved water resistance, but did not make it waterproof, especially the upper areas of the pants that I put less wax on. The jacket was ok, but it didn't get much water on it, so not much of a test. Overall, probably okay for walking thru a light rain for a little while, and wet grass, but not a downpour.

Later I will put some more SnoSeal on the pants, then spray some DWR on both and test again and see if that makes a difference.
ETA - when I took off my boots, I noticed that my socks were damp (not soaking, just damp). Not from sweating - it wasn't that hot and I didn't do a lot of walking - my feet don't sweat that much anyway. When I pressure wash the washer handle/wand leaks some and gets my boots wet - as in drenched on the outside.

These are my lightest pair of Keen synthetic boots (not leather) - supposed to be "waterproof". Generally they are, this is the first time I've noticed my feet being damp. So I guess they do ok unless soaked in water. I've walked in the rain and wet grass and stuff and not had any noticeable moisture inside. Good to know what their limit is. I didn't notice this until I took the boots off.

Today I will wear my heavier leather Keen hiking boots to see how they hold up. I am also wearing my SnoSeal treated coveralls to test those.

_nc_ohc=kV8vKxNVZ4wAX_L_B3j&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Finished up and packaged in mylar 4 more freezed dried Costco rotisserie chickens shredded and 4 other chickens done last week into mylar...

Defrosting the FD to run another load of 4 rotisserie chickens...

Or maybe I'll start running a couple loads of cherries.

Have been planting yet more fruit trees, a couple more every year.

Need to prune two more this fall, and add nut trees next spring.

Have a lot of salmon from last year's run in bristol bay that is going freezer burned, need to find a good canning recipe asap and get those packed

Traditional 6 more rotisserie chickens and this time, an ION bluetooth portable speaker with FM radio and more that I can charge with a basic solar panel

If things go south, I want to enjoy some tunes and a bonus, I can charge my devices off it and it has built in lights, lol...

It's my first Bush and I got about 18 spuds. Let them dry a few day and I am going to eat them. If they are good I will plant more and harvest in Sept.

Just russet potatoes but I want to make sure they taste good since I used a different soil.
Dude! I am doing this next year!

I realize these are pretty cheap in stores, but *Hey* they are such Good Food, and you never know.....

It's my first Bush and I got about 18 spuds. Let them dry a few day and I am going to eat them. If they are good I will plant more and harvest in Sept.

Just russet potatoes but I want to make sure they taste good since I used a different soil.
We grew Yukon Golds one year. Nothing better than fried potatoes with Onion, garlic, fresh herbs and peppers all right from the garden. Add a couple eggs and some bacon and you just can't eat any better than that.

Hiked seven miles, have not had one bite or drink of anything unhealthy in over a week.

Doctor up my azz about blood sugar level.

Feel great though and clothes are fitting pretty well.

Hiked seven miles, have not had one bite or drink of anything unhealthy in over a week.

Doctor up my azz about blood sugar level.

Feel great though and clothes are fitting pretty well.
Awesome Jay. You need to mosey over to our "What did you do to exercise today" thread and make this a lifestyle change!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top