JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So it looks like the battery backed light bulb is about depleted after 3.5 hours. Getting to the point where it isn't going to be useful in about 30-60 minutes. I've got others in the house that I haven't used yet - just been leaving the one next to my recliner running. The others I turn on and off as I need them.

I am thinking that this next week I will start to use the electric furnace much more often, at least until I replenish my firewood stack. I have used about a cord since I started heating with firewood in November, and I want to have a decent stack left if the power goes again. I have about a cord left in the stack.

PGE updated the estimate of power restoration to 2AM.

So it looks like the battery backed light bulb is about depleted after 3.5 hours. Getting to the point where it isn't going to be useful in about 30-60 minutes. I've got others in the house that I haven't used yet - just been leaving the one next to my recliner running. The others I turn on and off as I need them.

I am thinking that this next week I will start to use the electric furnace much more often, at least until I replenish my firewood stack. I have used about a cord since I started heating with firewood in November, and I want to have a decent stack left if the power goes again. I have about a cord left in the stack.

PGE updated the estimate of power restoration to 2AM.
Power came back on at 10PM, which was their first estimate.

My UPS was down to 25% power remaining, all it powered was the in house router and the external antenna/router/AP for about 4.5 hours.

Almost all the snow is melted.

Last Edited:
Purchased a Ruger American 22lr today. I believe it was the last one this side of the Mississippi. Mounting a Vortex 3x9x40 on it. Will try to get out and break it in soon.

Bought a 25 lb bag of pinto beans from Costco. 43.gif

Finally addressing the damage a tire shop did a year ago to my van cross-threading everything with an air tool. Got A TAP, oil, duster sprayer and trying to repair all the female threads for the also damaged lag bolts. Putting on snow tires a 4-5 hour project.

• Did 134 push ups
  • Finished building my 1500W, 1280Wh battery generator for half the cost of a Jackery 1500
  • Prayed
  • Researched wood stoves for my tent
  • Assembled a rechargeable battery kit in ammo can including AAs, 14500s, 18650s, AA/14500 handheld lights, AA headlamps, radio batteries, and several chargers
  • Decided to add a hidden, remote "kill" switch to my vehicle due to rapidly rising vehicle thefts

Ending up having to play auto mechanic even further (I am NOT one, just change my own oil and basic non-mechanic stuff).
But I was dead in the water no one could help for a week. A brake shop guy said just watch a couple YT videos and try to tackle it - what do you have to lose? So I did. I probably took 3x longer to get it done but pulled off the pads, rotors to get to a broken piece of metal jammed in there.
So satisfying - well except for the half black eye from hoping up from the stool right into my mirror and several bruises haha - total respect for mechanics now. Forced me to buy some auto specific tools also, fine with that.
That tire shop a year ago cross-threading everything with an air gun really cost me, but the positive is I learned a lot. I can do my own brakes now, etc.

Capture.JPG

Ending up having to play auto mechanic even further (I am NOT one, just change my own oil and basic non-mechanic stuff).
But I was dead in the water no one could help for a week. A brake shop guy said just watch a couple YT videos and try to tackle it - what do you have to lose? So I did. I probably took 3x longer to get it done but pulled off the pads, rotors to get to a broken piece of metal jammed in there.
So satisfying - well except for the half black eye from hoping up from the stool right into my mirror and several bruises haha - total respect for mechanics now. Forced me to buy some auto specific tools also, fine with that.
That tire shop a year ago cross-threading everything with an air gun really cost me, but the positive is I learned a lot. I can do my own brakes now, etc.

View attachment 1095109
Les Schwab?? Some are horrible and some are good. A friend told me that if he had a flat tire that he would push his truck half a mile to a good shop.

I have had the worst service at St Helens Les Schwab that I wouldn't use them on a bet. Like not tightening the axle nut on the front passenger side. The tire could have just rolled away while driving. Luckily I caught it while kicking the tires.

Dug out the vehicles.

Took a while to get the door open on the truck - it was frozen shut.

bm0a5rSc3-TalEqOply862b1wFI&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Used a propane torch and a pry bar, but finally got it open. Started it up - took a while for the diesel engine to warm up. Thought the running lights looked kewl buried in snow.

It is a good idea to prep vehicles after snow, if you have to use them quickly. Interestingly the wipers on the truck do not prop up off the windshield unless you turn the power off mid stroke. They interfere with the hood (no, the hood is not bent/warped).

Car was much easier to get into - it is usually frozen shut too.

Shoveled off the walkways and decks - except the big one.

Neighbor came by with snow blower and did the driveway and road, but then it snowed after dark. I would not have problems getting out either way - 4WD and AWD is good stuff Maynard.

Not Les Schwab. Stopped using them years ago. I call them the Smiling Pirates. Free leak fix in exchange for rape on tire/wheel pricings, long waits, etc.

Don't want to say the name because the owner seems nice and legit. Being a small service business myself I know how just one idiot employee can damage a good place's rep.

Moved into a new place recently and been renovating it. Will finally have the space to store some preps. Going to start by getting some cased water and freeze-dried food stored. I'll need to calculate my exact amount of space and how much stuff can be stored to supply my family and I should disaster strike.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top