JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ordered this book: "Guerrilla Gunfighter Volume Two: Preparedness Rifle and Carbine"

Ash - good read. Always thought of firearms like boxing. Just as important if not more important to not get hit than to be obsessed with landing that one punch. That is why I love training in motion, ducking behind barriers, vs standing in an indoor range shooting at paper directly in front of me all squared up.

Ash - good read. Always thought of firearms like boxing. Just as important if not more important to not get hit than to be obsessed with landing that one punch. That is why I love training in motion, ducking behind barriers, vs standing in an indoor range shooting at paper directly in front of me all squared up.
I agree. It's one of things I love about Oregon and the support for Trash No Land for public lands. I can train responsibly and I have a community to support it.

Took the kid target shooting, always spend time going over safety thoroughly, and she got to test out her new atv. Good day, good new year.

67A4BBDD-6A6A-46A7-8994-601588AA9336.jpeg 94B2B463-774D-469F-BDCB-7C99BEAB8104.jpeg 9EC2736D-E8DD-4BE6-8783-FFEE9EFC8BA9.jpeg

Spending two days sorting out my garage. Doesn't sound like 'prepping' but when it takes me an hour to find a tool or part things have to get sorted out. Also have the anti-hoarder mindset. If I haven't used or needed something in a couple years and don't see needing it in the future, it is gone.

Spending two days sorting out my garage. Doesn't sound like 'prepping' but when it takes me an hour to find a tool or part things have to get sorted out. Also have the anti-hoarder mindset. If I haven't used or needed something in a couple years and don't see needing it in the future, it is gone.
I like that rule, might stretch it out to 5 years tho' for some things. The only exception would be the true SHTF equipment, which never goes.

I learned two things:

One thousand rounds of Federal 9mm +P HST, in a thin plastic bubble wrap bag, fit very neatly into a .50 cal ammo can (which comes along with a FAT fifty and a .30 cal can at BiMart).

Also, a Tuff Jug 5 gallon jug is a decent deal for only $23 (at BiMart). Very thick food grade translucent plastic with gallon and liter (5L) markings. I think I will get 5 more to store water in the shop (instead of Sceptre cans which cost twice as much).

I opened up some shelf-stable hamburger meat and some pickled eggs.

The meat texture is a bit different, after going through the pressure canner and then being stored awhile. But it's tasty, and didn't make me sick - so I'll likely put up some more meat.

The pickled eggs also went through the water-bath canner. Not sure if that's necessary, but I wanted to be sure they were shelf-stable since they aren't refrigerated.

The eggs are dangerously delicious.

3072023A-E66C-4CC8-8D26-B7579A0C8988.jpeg

7E9E09D2-8161-4F94-9D93-ACAE82E78C48.jpeg

Last Edited:
I opened up some shelf-stable hamburger meat and some picked eggs.

The meat texture is a bit different, after going through the pressure canner and then being stored awhile. But it's tasty, and didn't make me sick. - so I'll likely put up some more meat.

The pickled eggs also went through the pressure canner. Not sure if that's necessary, but I wanted to be sure they were shelf-stable since they aren't refrigerated.

The eggs are dangerously delicious.

View attachment 1103864

View attachment 1103863
We do pressure canned ground beef and chicken and it works extremely well. I've never tried pickled eggs, but based on your review now I'm going to have to try them.

We do pressure canned ground beef and chicken and it works extremely well. I've never tried pickled eggs, but based on your review now I'm going to have to try them.
Here's a link to the video that inspired me to try pickling eggs. He starts talking about their recipe at 6:40 on the counter.

I don't think they have to be canned, but I did use the water-bath canner just to be sure they'd be safe to eat. We just store them in the basement.

I also learned that I can save the dill pickle jar & brine, and put boiled (and shelled) eggs into that jar. In a couple of weeks, the eggs start soaking up the brine and taste really good. But not nearly as good as the ones we made using (loosely) the recipe in the video.

I visited a friend in Nashville, TN for a week and basically forced him to take me to the local range where we rented a full auto krinkov, albeit with a sort of broken fire selector which I had no problem with but my buddy did. Anyway, I was amazed to see the other clientele with extremely expensive rifles and optics sitting at a bench carefully punching the same hole through a paper at 25 yards. Now granted, maybe that's the only option that was available to them. It just made me appreciate what we have here in OR, so please do what you can to fight Initiative Petitions 17 and 18 or our constitutional rights are bubblegum.

I personally did zip.
But l did notice that my dog has been stashing treats in the back of his kennel, under his bed. My wife gives him one and he takes it in and "buries" it. Maybe he figures to climb in, pull the door shut behind him, and ride out SHTF... with SNACKS!
I have no idea how long this has been happening, but he's been a weird little guy (portuguese podengo) his whole life so I'd guess; a while.

I personally did zip.
But l did notice that my dog has been stashing treats in the back of his kennel, under his bed. My wife gives him one and he takes it in and "buries" it. Maybe he figures to climb in, pull the door shut behind him, and ride out SHTF... with SNACKS!
I have no idea how long this has been happening, but he's been a weird little guy (portuguese podengo) his whole life so I'd guess; a while.
Shiznit's gettin real when even your dog is preparedness-minded.

😆

I personally did zip.
Dogs do that, part of their behavior. Neighbor's dog, now passed, part malinois, would bury biscuits I gave her. I got wise to her trick and would only feed her small bits of it, and not give her more until she ate it in front of me - she was smart enough to learn that too. I suspect the behavior is part about having food for later, and part hiding it from other dogs/animals that would try to take it away.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top